Chubby cheeks, Problem sealing mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Custom masks appear to be an option:

custom scuba masks that fit perfectly. Rx lenses available

I don't know anything about them though. Seems like there was another start up company on here in the last year doing the same thing.

I have a face that 99% of the masks wont fit and dive a huge volume "rescue" mask. It works pretty good most of the time, other than the frequent comments of "My dad dove a mask like that" or "I had one like that....in 1980." I'm waiting for one of the Full Faced Mask companies to have a demo day at a local dive shop. They can be purchased used for about the price of the custom masks.

Good luck, the good news is with a leaking mask, you really don't have to worry about it fogging. There is usually a tablesppon or so if water in my mask that all I have to do is look down, move by head back and forth, and PRESTO NO FOGGO!!! There is always a bright side!!!

Jay

Back
Top Bottom