Skinsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 4th element thermocline suit for warm water holiday diving. It's great on the boat as you don't overheat like you do in neoprene and it also saves from getting sunburn. In the water you do get some physical protection but thermal isn't great.
I'd probably wear a 3mm neoprene shortie over the top of it if the water was in the 70's, especially if I was doing more than a one dive a day.

Will look into the 4th element too.

If you're into triathlons you probably have next to zero body fat for insulation, so you might want more than a skin suit for longer dives. I, on the other hand, pack enough bioprene so that a compression top and board shorts are plenty in the tropics.

If you're into triathlons you probably have next to zero body fat for insulation, so you might want more than a skin suit for longer dives. I, on the other hand, pack enough bioprene so that a compression top and board shorts are plenty in the tropics.

hahhaha... im not that thin... Im not that competitive. I just race to finish. but yeah.. im within the range of BMI.

bioprene.. hahaha thats funny

yep... that's why im looking into the fleece lined stuff. i suspect i might feel a bit cold... even the aircondition settings are a bit low now...

what's a redneck romper? i can't see the link

I'm sorry. I linked the facebook post but apparently you can't bring it up that way.

Essentially it is a buddy of mine who cut off as pair of overalls and has been calling it the redneck romper.

got the sharkskin vest... ok.. it's not that easy going in... but once it's in.. its like a glove... gona have to try it at sea or pool how it feels...

this kinds of garments... do you wet them first before putting them on like a wetsuit? or you put em on dry?

I put mine on dry. Putting on a wet Sharkskin sounds about as un-fun as putting on a wet wetsuit. Unless maybe it's REALLY hot out. In which case, I probably wouldn't be wearing a Sharkskin at all.

I put mine on dry. Putting on a wet Sharkskin sounds about as un-fun as putting on a wet wetsuit. Unless maybe it's REALLY hot out. In which case, I probably wouldn't be wearing a Sharkskin at all.
ok i think im missing something here. i use to wet a wetsuit before putting it on... its easier dry??

It seems easier, to me. But, I always do what's even easier - squirt some diluted baby shampoo/water mix in the arms and legs first. That makes it slide right on and easy to kind of slide it around once it's on to get everything positioned just right.

The diluted baby shampoo also works great as mask anti-fog, so I just keep a squeeze bottle of it in my dive bag.

It seems easier, to me. But, I always do what's even easier - squirt some diluted baby shampoo/water mix in the arms and legs first. That makes it slide right on and easy to kind of slide it around once it's on to get everything positioned just right.

The diluted baby shampoo also works great as mask anti-fog, so I just keep a squeeze bottle of it in my dive bag.

i think i remembered doing that during my first few dives.. if i got wet ... it was soapy lol

ok i think im missing something here. i use to wet a wetsuit before putting it on... its easier dry??

Wet wetsuits go on wet people easier. Conversely dry wetsuits go on dry people easier has been my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom