Skinsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wet wetsuits go on wet people easier. Conversely dry wetsuits go on dry people easier has been my experience.

ok.. makes sense.... i use to jump off the boat with my wetsuit in tow.. then go up the boat and put on the wetsuit..
Use to.. i got tired of putting on wetsuits lol

ok.. makes sense.... i use to jump off the boat with my wetsuit in tow.. then go up the boat and put on the wetsuit..
Use to.. i got tired of putting on wetsuits lol

I would never even consider taking off my old 1/4" farmer john between dives--I might never get it back on if it's still wet.

Now that I'm able to get to the tropics fairly regularly :) I have my 2.5 mm full suit which goes on incredibly easily--if it's dry. I still don't take it off between dives but at least I know I could get it back on.

Back in the dark ages when we had smooth rubber on the inside people used all kinds of things to facilitate putting them on. Some used baby powder, some used liquid detergent, some used baby shampoo (like stuartv), and probably some other techniques that I've forgotten about. I remember when they started selling them with NYLON on the inside and stitched seams! A dream come true! It took me along time to get used to not having to glue my seams back together after a dive.

diveskins --- i think the one i have is made by EVO and full body. all lycra. works well if it's really warm, or under the wetsuit for easy on/off. or just as rashguard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom