Best PCB Inshore Sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ResortDiver850

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Could I get some recommendations for the best Inshore dive sites for PCB?

I've been to Black Bart and Stage 2.

I am also considering an offshore trip, but I am a fairly new diver. I am not comfortable diving to 100 ft with an insta buddy at this point. What does hiring a dive guide usually cost?

Thank you!

Red sea is nice. Did a night dive on it once and saw a pretty big turtle on the bottom.

I hired a guide when I first dove there with my newly certified daughter. It cost $50 at the time, 2009.

Last edited:
The black bart is a good one. Red sea and strength are supposedly really nice dives as well but I haven't done either. There are several bridge span sites that can be interesting inshore too.

You'll have to ask the specific dive op on the guide price, some I think it might only be $25.

I did my Open Water Dives for my OW Course on the Black Bart. (Fond memories.)

lots of inshore bridge spans, stage 2 can be good though it has a low profile. there's a barge, forget the name but it's inshore. the liberty ship. there's another inshore wreck that gets dove a lot, forget the name. quite a lot of sites without having to go offshore.

Not an endorsement of PCDC. Hoping to dive with them Monday for the first time in the ocean. That said, it is a listing of inshore dive sites.

PCDC Website

Hello,

Could I get some recommendations for the best Inshore dive sites for PCB?

I've been to Black Bart and Stage 2.

I am also considering an offshore trip, but I am a fairly new diver. I am not comfortable diving to 100 ft with an insta buddy at this point. What does hiring a dive guide usually cost?

Thank you!

Strength is a great inshore dive. Its a mine sweeper broken in half. Chickasaw, Hovercraft.

Thanks for the suggestions. I dove with Panama City Dive Charters last year, and had a good time. They even called a bunch of local divers to put together a late season trip for me. Very cool.

The captain asked for suggestions last time, and I want to be prepared with some ideas when I go back.

the Strength is the one I was trying to remember. as I recall it's 60, 65' or so to the sand. be sure to take a light & look in the holes. those fish are pretty good at hiding inside :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom