Going diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are chatting about good ole down home southern food until the OP @Aloha Joe dives and produces Vol I of his day at the Dive Park.

It is noted you were in USMC - I was in USAF so an exception can be made ...
La Jolla is a very easy dive , shore break, low surf , good visibility generally in October ....Lots of sand - not a great amount of sea life

Caution - slopes in to canyon monitor depth

So go for it ! Remember you are a Marine !

SDM

Ok hamhocks cornbread soupbeans I am happy on a side note I am interested in diving la Jolla shores but really do not want to pay a dive company 70 dollars for a shore dive. Are there any dive groups that would allow me to dive with them. I am really interested in the can ton.
I'd be happy to take you out shore diving at no cost when you make it this way. I do most of my diving from boats to Anacapa and Santa Cruz islands out of Ventura and Santa Barbara and live up this way. $110-$130 for a full day of diving in the islands (also a great option). I am definitely not averse to trekking down to La Jolla to hook up with you, if my schedule allows. I was in Laguna Beach yesterday diving at Shaw's Cove with a great Marine Force Recon friend of mine. So, I do make my way down that direction on occasion and brave the horrendous LA traffic and 405 freeway from time to time.

I'd be happy to take you out shore diving at no cost when you make it this way. I do most of my diving from boats to Anacapa and Santa Cruz islands out of Ventura and Santa Barbara and live up this way. $110-$130 for a full day of diving in the islands (also a great option). I am definitely not averse to trekking down to La Jolla to hook up with you, if my schedule allows. I was in Laguna Beach yesterday diving at Shaw's Cove with a great Marine Force Recon friend of mine. So, I do make my way down that direction on occasion and brave the horrendous LA traffic and 405 freeway from time to time.
I could also meet you somewhere closer to where you live. I want to do the channel islands so maybe we could meet for that. I maybe having surgery in the near future so it probably won't be until after the first of the year. Thanks. Neil.

I’ll spare the novel.
We dove. We saw big fish. It was fun. The end.

We can't let you off with that. You have primed our pumps for much more.

1. I totally concur with @Trailboss123 fall to early winter is always great diving in So & CenCal
2 Craklin Corn bread ! Love it ! ~~~BUT~~~ Not a popular Kalifornia Corn Bread. We prefer the more western taste, Jalapenos, perhaps some RoTel mixed in along with a hint of Garlic and Red onions.

3 You must visit for a dive or two or three or more and we can have a Corn Bread cook off while out gassing
(along with a tall ice cold glass of Buttter Milk !)

Cheers from where it all began

Sam Miller, 111
We can't make it out this Winter. Too much stuff already in the works with kids sports, gulf diving, holidays, etc.
Maybe we look to next Spring or so. The wife was charged up this past year about going to the the dive show there in Long Beach? Maybe we wrap going to that with a long weekend at Catalina.

I'm ok with the aberrations that others do to cornbread and even eat it from time to time but what in the nine shades of hell is this nonfat buttermilk that I see creeping onto our shelves? BLASPHEMY I tell ya!

We can't let you off with that. You have primed our pumps for much more.

Well I ended up being really disappointed with my buddy. We did 3 shore/park dives and 2 boat dives over 3 days. My buddy wasn't really into planning dives or really even being much of a buddy, and didn't want to take suggestions from someone who just got certified. I didn't feel very safe - it was like I was diving solo but still had the responsibility of being someone else's buddy.

But I saw Giant Black Sea Bass and had a seal swim past me, and enjoyed being on Catalina as usual. The dive staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The last 2 dives I thought more about breathing and buoyancy and felt like I made some good improvements.

All good things. Ok to be disappointed with your buddy but even that is teaching you things to do AND not do.
Remember even negative results are results.

All good things. Ok to be disappointed with your buddy but even that is teaching you things to do AND not do.
Remember even negative results are results.

What he said.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom