G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not 100% sure but I believed the bodies changed over time. So parts from one version may not fit into another.

Yes I have heard several times that the later model G250 Graphite has better gas flow characteristics in its case structure than the base G250.
I have one of both, but the cases are identical inside... unless the slightly different Flow Vane profiles make a difference?
Early ones seem to have a parallel blade, later ones have a 'scoop' out of the blade like in my pic above.

Yes I have heard several times that the later model G250 Graphite has better gas flow characteristics in its case structure than the base G250.
I have one of both, but the cases are identical inside... unless the slightly different Flow Vane profiles make a difference?
Early ones seem to have a parallel blade, later ones have a 'scoop' out of the blade like in my pic above.

The expert on that is @DA Aquamaster . There may be an older post where he talks about the differences. I used to have an older G-250 but I sold it. So I have nothing to compare it too.

I know this may seem bleedin' obvious... but... could someone please confirm that the SP volcano orifice also uses a -010 70 Duro o-ring same as the swivel hose end?

A soft -010 (duro 70) usually works; however sometimes it gets pinched. A better fit for the orifice (and superflow hoses) is a -902

That's great to know, thanks Couv!

Glad to help.

BTW you have a clever name/avatar combination.

Back
Top Bottom