G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I recently bought a SP Evo first stage new and attached were two G250 second stages. I'm thinking they are HP but an not sure. Can one of the SP gurus let me know what model they are and if they are worth the effort to overhaul. Cheers in advance.
image.jpeg

Not (thankfully) HP! Those are essentially the same reg (internals) as the 109/156, and all the way through to the G250v. Excellent breathers, and very easy to keep going. Well worth keeping going.

As to model/year, here: http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/regulators-timeline-eng.aspx

If you don't want to keep them, please let me know and maybe we can work out something to "unburden" you of them... I'm looking for two for my daughter....

Cool, cheers for the reply. I'll get back to you. Just trying to get some info on them at this stage more out of curiosity. I have no idea of their worth. Are service kits easy to come by?

Are service kits easy to come by?

SP kits are never "easy" (if you are in the USA), but yes, the kits for this reg are available. Seeing that they were on an EVO, I'm thinking that they likely have the modern S-wing poppet in them. With that, it's real easy. If you needed to update the internals, that too is possible without too much hassle.

FWIW, there is a e-bXy seller out of Japan that has everything you would need.... there are also other resources.

Assuming currently available from SP I'll have no trouble buying the kits over here. I'll send you a PM after I decide whether I'll bother keeping them or not. I don't have them in my hand as yet.

I am not a guru but I have a similar set I serviced and they work great.

So is it worth it? I guess that depends. If you want to service them to sell them maybe not. If you want to use them or keep them as a spare I would say it's worth it. You won't be able to buy new for what it would take to make these like new.

I have an old R109 that I upgraded with the G250 balanced internals. It is a very nice breathing reg. I'm in the USA and parts to service it are very easy to get from various sources and are inexpensive. There will be parts available for those regs for many years to come.

Once I get them in my hands I'll disassemble them out of curiosity and see what's what, no doubt with more questions. Thanks for all the replies, very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom