G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe any of the kits will work fine for an older G250, you'll just [have] several o-rings left over. This assumes that your older G250 has been refitted with the s-wing poppet; almost all of them have.

^^^^ This! If you look at the schematics for the regs, and the parts list on the back of the card, you will see you have the right stuff to service the series, all the way from the 156 to the G250v

I never seem to get a G250 with an S-wing poppet already installed so I usually have to find one on the grey market. The 2.2mm o-rings are hard to come by without custom ordering a large quantity or a kit.
IMG_2505.JPG

Adj. Knob (1) -011
Air Barrel (2) -016
Orifice (1) 902
S-wing Poppet (2) 2.2mm id x 1mm cs
Trident or SP Seat
Venturi (1) -008

Last edited:
I never seem to get a G250 with an S-wing poppet already installed so I usually have to find one on the grey market. The 2.2mm o-rings are hard to come by without custom ordering a large quantity or a kit.
View attachment 378672
Adj. Knob (1) -011
Air Barrel (2) -016
Orifice (1) 902
S-wing Poppet (2) 2.2mm cs
Trident or SP Seat
Venturi (1) -008

It is simple to stretch a supply of balance chamber o-rings. The inner ring provides the necessary seal, and the outer ring works as a wiper to keep contaqminants off the sealing ring, So ou can use a new ring in the sealing position and an old ring in the wiper position. I think I still have some blue o-rings in the wiper position.

I get mine tonight so will pull them apart and then pop into a LDS and make enquiries as to available parts. It seems there's a lot of divers over here using G250s. The Japanese don't "upgrade" like many westerners. I've seen lots of very old gear.

Cheers, does anyone have a source for the purge buttons and diaphragms? I'm more than a little OCD and one of my G250s is red and the other blue, I can't live with that.

Along with a boatload of G250V's, I have three blue G250's, one is in really nice shape. Depending on which way you want to go, we could trade even-up. Red would be cool...
BlueG250.jpg

Cool, cheers, I'll take some close up photos and post, maybe we can work something out. I can't have two different coloured second stages, it would upset my equilibrium...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom