G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The photos not so clear but the orifice does have an Oring although looks to be too small. Point taken re oriface, I'll order a new one. Are the stainless ones still available or the same as another model? The red one also has a brass oriface, interesting..

awap, yes, seems strange that both would have the same one if incorrect, although stranger things have happened. The Japanese aren't generally into DIY in a big way and I'd say 99% of divers here would take their regs into a shop for service.

I will try and get a measurement posted of the "mystery" one and the "correct" one...

I don't know that the SS ones are manufactured anymore, but finding NOS in SS is not a bad thing...

Is there a functional difference between these two assembly's? They are both listed as being suitable for a G250...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

either balance chamber will work aswill the old ones you have. They tend to fail when abrasives are captured in the sealing o-ring and the plastic is scratched, hence the wiper o-ring upgrade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom