G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had gotten a G250 off the used market, that had "official" serviced labels on it (the place used a custom hose protector with the shop name, and date of service). I quickly serviced it, and just couldn't get it to work.... As I looked at my parts supply for options, it dawned on me that the only times I had seen 109/156, g250 & G250v orifices, they were stainless steel or plastic, and this one wasn't.... It was then that I compared it to a known one, and SURPRISE!!!!!, it is shorter.

As I said, I don't have my schematics handy, but the only other "brass" orifice I have seen [edit - I thought I have seen] was in a G200/G200b.

Anyhow, here are the two:

Proper height:

good.jpg

Problem height:

bad.jpg

YMMV.

Last edited:
Update:

Studying schematics, I note the following:

080HP, 109/156, G200, G250, G250v - orifice is part number 11-109-109

The S600, G250HP, S555 - orifice is part number 11-500-109

I do wonder if they are different, and if the difference is the one I found in these two orifices? Regardless, the wrong one was in the reg, and it was the "brass colored" one...

I now want to look at the regs I have, and try to see which one has that "brass" (and possibly "short") orifice in it I have seen before (and thought it was the G200/G200b).....

the orifice is missing it's o-ring...

BTW - I have run across where the wrong orifice was in these regs in the past... IIRC, all of mine that were correct have been stainless steel (or the new white plastic material), and the one you have in the picture (brass) may actually be from a G200B (which causes tuning problems as they are a different length - been there, done that - someone put the wrong one in one I picked up).

Yes, the upgrade kit and the service kit, and I'd likely get one of the orifices (plastic) he sells. They are inexpensive, and should you need it, you have it.....

Do you have a link for the plastic orifices? I can't seem to find them. Cheers.

I got mine from VDH. If they aren't in the store, you might want to reach out to Bryan to see if he is stocking more.

I think the orifices on my 109s and G250s are all chromed brass, not stainless steel. I guess some of them could be stainless, but I know I've had a few with the chrome pitted.

Back
Top Bottom