G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cannot remember which direction SP went with those clips. First was SS then copper or the other way around-I seem to recall a bulletin. Neither worked out so well so the redesign left the clip out all together. You can source those from McMaster-Carr p/n 98808a240 McMaster-Carr If you want to try to source them locally, click on the details. If you cannot get them PM me with a snail mail address I'll get a few out to you.

Couv

I wonder if someone lost the clip during service and subbed a carbon steel replacement?
Possible, but I've seen exactly that substitution on a vintage Technisub Jaguar pneumatic speargun i was restoring... the entire C clip was a mass of rust and crumbled when I attempted to remove it.
I should have photographed the broken G250 clip before I cleared my workbench... surface was quite shiny but it had deep rust pits on the hidden face that sat against the plastic housing where salt water tends to remain captive despite washing.
Glad to hear Scubapro redesigned the housing and deleted these clips... I'd hate to breathe one in :eek:

You can source those from McMaster-Carr p/n 98808a240 McMaster-Carr If you want to try to source them locally, click on the details. If you cannot get them PM me with a snail mail address I'll get a few out to you.
Couv
Thanks Couv much appreciated.
Not sure if McMaster Carr will send small orders overseas, so will try locally first.
Australia went Metric around 30 years ago, so Imperial size fasteners are not that easy to find... most sourced ex-USA anyway :D

I cannot remember which direction SP went with those clips. First was SS then copper or the other way around-I seem to recall a bulletin. Neither worked out so well so the redesign left the clip out all together. You can source those from McMaster-Carr p/n 98808a240 McMaster-Carr If you want to try to source them locally, click on the details. If you cannot get them PM me with a snail mail address I'll get a few out to you.

Couv

The late model G250s of mine have copper ones, so I'll assume they changed from SS. I ordered a G250V flow vane to try in the G250s but it wouldn't fit so assume the case too was redesigned.

Thanks Couv much appreciated.
Not sure if McMaster Carr will send small orders overseas, so will try locally first.
Australia went Metric around 30 years ago, so Imperial size fasteners are not that easy to find... most sourced ex-USA anyway :D

They wouldn't ship to me in Japan.

Found that pic of the Technisub Jaguar C clip around a stainless pin that had been replaced with a regular plated steel one :eek:

Attachments

• Technisub Jaguar C clip rust.jpg
    Technisub Jaguar C clip rust.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 84
The newer venturi assist vanes basically pop in place with no c-clip, as Couv mentioned. Probably the best way to deal with a rusted clip is to order a new venturi vane and be done with the clip entirely.

Back
Top Bottom