G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Feeling more confident after my first attempts. Just rebuilt two more G250s, took no time at all and both crack at .9-1". Used old levers, longer orifice, S-Wing poppet and G250V main and exhaust diaphragms. I can here a slight lever rattle when pressurized. Still not convinced about the taller G250V diaphragms but on land both seem fine although will only stop at almost min when initiating a free flow from max. My other two stop about midway. Might swap in the original diaphragms just for comparison.

Last edited:
I never seem to get a G250 with an S-wing poppet already installed so I usually have to find one on the grey market. The 2.2mm o-rings are hard to come by without custom ordering a large quantity or a kit.
Adj. Knob (1) -011
Air Barrel (2) -016
Orifice (1) 902
S-wing Poppet (2) 2.2mm id x 1mm cs
Trident or SP Seat
Venturi (1) -008

Well this has been an epic 32 page read, glad it was a positive learning experience, I learned a lot too :D
Just wondering what size is the 902 Orifice o-ring mentioned earlier?

902 is the size. It is the same i.d. as a -010 but the c.s. is just a bit thinner.
902 = 0.064 c.s. 0.239 i.d.
010 = 0.070 c.s. 0.239 i.d.

Last edited:
Well this has been an epic 32 page read, glad it was a positive learning experience, I learned a lot too :D

Orifice is a 902 the equivalent is 2-010

SP number 01-050-132
O-ring spec
Size n° 2-010
SH 70
Material EP
ID 6.06
Width 1.78​

Aha... that's great thanks Couv and Tbar!

Aaargh... not out of the woods yet.
Pulling down the other G250 Graphite, and the small C clip holding the VIVA control knob snapped... rust pits in 'stainless'!
Appears to be a Low-Clearance Side-Mount External Retaining Ring vs standard external C clip or E clip as far as I can see... pretty tight spot.
The groove measures 6.8mm (0.268") dia x 0.8mm (0.0315") is it a standard imperial size?
9/32" is 0.281" so a bit loose but a 7mm ID C clip would also be a bit loose and too thick... IMO crazy SP design to have a tiny C clip potentially able to be sucked directly into your lungs if it fails!
Any clues gratefully received...

VDH includes those clips in its service kits. I don't think Bryan has them for individual sale though, I could be wrong.

I'll see if I can order a bunch through my supplier, if I can, happy to send you a couple. I'll know within 24 hours. I'll message you.

VDH includes those clips in its service kits. I don't think Bryan has them for individual sale though, I could be wrong.

I'll see if I can order a bunch through my supplier, if I can, happy to send you a couple. I'll know within 24 hours. I'll message you.
That's great thanks... always good to have a couple of spares, I think it is a VERY good idea to replace these clips... the heavy rust pitting suggests the originals were 304 not 316 stainless :wink:

Back
Top Bottom