G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halo,

Will the new vanes clip into the older G250 bodies?

I'm pretty sure I have replaced the older style vane with one of the newer style on an original G250. I remember thinking it was the wrong part at first because there's no groove for the c-clip, but eventually got it to snap in place and it stayed put. I hope I'm remembering correctly.

perhaps a somewhat strong possibility of a definite maybe...

Halo,

Will the new vanes clip into the older G250 bodies?

The G250V ones will not, I tried. I do have a very late model G250 with the long handled vane, I'll try it in an earlier G250. The long handled vanes in the last version G250s use the clip.

Of course I could be wrong, sometimes am.

Last edited:
A photo of the various vanes might be helpful, a picture is with a thousand words and all that. I'll post of what I have later today.

Last edited:
perhaps a somewhat strong possibility of a definite maybe...

I know.....I just can't really remember. I do remember ordering a vane for an original G250 (mine broke in luggage) and when it arrived it was different. I also have a vague memory of having to struggle with it quite a bit to get it to pop in place.

Wish I could be more definite.

I tried to install the G250V one with the bulbous end and no clip and all I managed to do was bend and damage the vane. It could have been my installation meathod that was the problem but to me it looked like there was no way it was going to fit.

@rhwestfall I sent you one, perhaps you could have a try.

There is a guy on eBay selling NEW UNUSED SCUBAPRO G250 2ND STAGE HP REGULATOR FLOW VANE PART # 11-300-023
But looking carefully at it seems the design has changed with the position of the o-ring and C clip flipped to place the clip out of the airway.
While this is a FAR better design than the original, I'm pretty sure these won't fit the old bodies.

Attachments

• SP G250 HP Flow Vane 11-300-023.jpg
    SP G250 HP Flow Vane 11-300-023.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 135
Ah yes forgot to add... another G250 repair challenge :D
The exhaust T on earlier models was held in place by two #4-40 Stainless cap head socket screws, on later models a simple drive pin was used.
These screw into a plated brass threaded insert in the T piece, and can gradually become corroded in place... stripping the insert when you try to remove the screw!
They can be replaced (upgraded McMaster-Carr 18/8 #4-40 inserts for plastic 92394A112) BUT you have to get the screw out first!
So socket screw spins captive in its recess inside the T piece, up against the wall... with no easy way to remove it.
Any bright ideas gratefully received...!

There is a guy on eBay selling NEW UNUSED SCUBAPRO G250 2ND STAGE HP REGULATOR FLOW VANE PART # 11-300-023
But looking carefully at it seems the design has changed with the position of the o-ring and C clip flipped to place the clip out of the airway.
While this is a FAR better design than the original, I'm pretty sure these won't fit the old bodies.

You need to remember there were several versions of the G-250. The original, the original with an update, the G-250 HP and finally the G-250V. I am not 100% sure but I believed the bodies changed over time. So parts from one version may not fit into another.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom