What's up with Hollis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aiian

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Hollis dive package from one of the bigger online retailers.

Unfortunately the 1st and 2nd stage were out of stock and on backorder. What's even more unfortunate is the retailer didn't tell me the reg was on backorder until after they shipped the rest of the package.

Long story short, I'm a short a first and second and no one (I've called other shops as well) seems to know when or if Hollis will be fulfilling backorders.

Hell, I may have shot them an email myself with no response.

I recently purchased a Hollis dive package from one of the bigger online retailers.

Unfortunately the 1st and 2nd stage were out of stock and on backorder. What's even more unfortunate is the retailer didn't tell me the reg was on backorder until after they shipped the rest of the package.

Long story short, I'm a short a first and second and no one (I've called other shops as well) seems to know when or if Hollis will be fulfilling backorders.

Hell, I may have shot them an email myself with no response.

Could you contact the online retailer and work something out to get an alternate first and second stage? Who knows how long before you get the Hollis set.

Yeah, I’d be pushing the retailer to do something, but one of the downsides of buying online is it’s harder to get support.

My buddy is waiting on a part for one of their regs. After a couple of weeks the LDS just pulled a second stage of a set of their hire rigs and gave it to us to use until the part came in.

I had the same with another LDS - there was a backlog on hydro tests so they offered to loan me rental tanks until mine came back.

Could you contact the online retailer and work something out to get an alternate first and second stage? Who knows how long before you get the Hollis set.

They offered to work with me on another set. As silly as it sounds I’d like my first, second and octo to be of the same family tree. Im not sure if they’d also let me exchange the octo, guess it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

They also said I could just return the whole package which is kind of a bummer because I really like the BC.

You won't get an answer from Hollis. But if you contact the customer service rep for Huish, he answers quickly. I've had a part on back order from Hollis for at least six months, but it doesn't prevent me from diving. Hollis didn't answer many e-mails or phone calls, and ignored my Better Business Bureau complaint. Huish answered me within 30 minutes of sending them my e-mail. It doesn't get me the part any faster, but at least I know that there are fifteen people waiting ahead of me.

Reactions: mdb
They offered to work with me on another set. As silly as it sounds I’d like my first, second and octo to be of the same family tree. Im not sure if they’d also let me exchange the octo, guess it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

They also said I could just return the whole package which is kind of a bummer because I really like the BC.
While a complete regulator package may or may not be important (Intermediate pressure can vary from brand to brand and YOU'LL DIE IF YOU MIX AND MATCH REGULATORS!!!!!!), you are in no danger of immediate death for using one brand BC with a different regulator. Make your best deal on other regulator sets.

The shop gave you special pricing on the complete set because that's how manufacturers like to sell equipment. But I'd bet you can get price matching on buying just that BC from another source that also has the regulator you want in stock.

FTR, I have over 6000 dives. I have an Oceanic BC which I never wear, a Dive Rite backplate, a Oxychek wing, Atomic regulators, and Mares fins and mask, and I've only died a little. My wetsuit is a Waterproof and my drysuit is a DUI. My cylinders are Luxfers and Worthingtons.

^ I get that it doesn’t really matter in the real world but in my strange little brain it does o_O

After reading Todd Dicker’s post I think I’ll return the octo, stay away from Hollis and hope I don’t have any issues with the BC.

^ I get that it doesn’t really matter in the real world but in my strange little brain it does o_O

Believe me, I get that! :p

Oh, I get it too. I'm just sayin'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom