Hotels Jakarta and sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We will be on a liveaboard on October 2018, we will need a hotel in Jakarta for a quick overnight stay near airport (land at 1215am on Thursday and leave our at 9am Thursday to sorong. Spend Thursday and Friday night's in sorong and then off to the boat. Any suggestions on where to stay? Tanks!

It IS good to have a night or two in Sorong because if there are any delays with flights or immi, you have some backup time.

I was on a LOB last year where a couple never showed up. great for us -- not so good for them!

- Bill

I can't help with a hotel recommendation for Jakarta, as I have only ever transited through on the way somewhere else. What I can say is that traffic is horrendous. Distance from the hotel to the domestic terminal you are leaving from would be one of my key selection criteria. When booking it is worth seeing if they have a shuttle bus that will pick you up and drop you off.

Jakarta : stay at the Jakarta hotel airport located Terminal 2 within the airport, this will save you time and spare traffic jams for your morning flight.
They lowered their prices since they reopened, so now at 60EUR per night let's say it's a lesser scam but you're paying for conveniency, breakfast is subpar but there's at least a decent coffee shop just down the hotel lobby, plus they have a free shuttle to the CGK airport terminal at your convenience.

We're staying the night here in the Bandara International Hotel -- it's not in the airport, it's the old Sheraton and shows it. But still good for a night or two. Less than 10 mins from the airport by shuttle or taxi (150,000 IDR). Call it 3.5 stars. Good breakfast, good coffee. We paid $100 + $15pp USD for breakfast.

- Bill

Last edited:
We stayed at the Bandera in December on our way to Sorong and again on the return. They have a free shuttle. Just email your flight info and they will be there at the airport with a sign with your name. Food, drinks, service, and room was good.

I use the Swiss Bel in Sorong. Decent hotel. Pretty good food. When I was there last year, they did have alcohol available at the bar.

another vote for the swissbel in sorong. decent hotel, with ok range of food options and comfortable beds.
if you;re looking for a good restaurant i can recommend Kitong Papua on the main dual carriage way road - great seafood for under 100k idr and big beers for 40k idr. 5 mins in a taxi, 20 mins if you fancy an interesting walk.
FM7 in Jakarta is always a good bet too

Back
Top Bottom