cozumel dive resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We like the Grand Occidental and ProDive for their free Nitrox...the resort is very nice too.

Hotel Cozumel with Dive Paradise is really great. You do have to pay for your nitrox, but otherwise nothing to complain about. The place really is pretty close to all inclusive, with diving, accommodations, food, adult and regular beverages all included.
There are some things that are optional, such as nitrox. They also have "fast boat" options if you want to get out to the far side of the island in 40 minutes. Most options you can think of, they offer. The only option I would like to have seen but did not was an option for steel tanks. They only offer al80 and al100.

The fact that you have to pay extra for these options obviously makes it not really all inclusive. Still, it's good. I'm going back this summer with Scubaboard.

My son and I stayed at Hotel Cozumel on our 1st trip there in 2006. We were picked up off their pier by Aldora, I assume that is still a possibility. Dive Paradise did not seem like our kind of operator. The hotel is reasonably close to town, a nice walk, they also had included bikes when we were there. We have not returned to Hotel Cozumel, so many good choices.

I haven't been there, but I've heard really good reviews of Scuba Club Cozumel.

I found Scuba Club to be extremely well set up for diving as long as you don't mind the bigger, somewhat slower boats. I rather like them.

The rooms don't have a TV, microwave, or telephone or any way to cook, not even a coffee maker. You can go to the restaurant and get coffee very early however I probably wouldn't make it unless I'd had a cup of coffee first. The WiFi was good in our rooms.

Breakfast and lunch are included and both are very good. Dinner is extra and comes out to about $20/night and has limited choices. It's only a couple of blocks to the first restaurant where you can get lobster for only a couple of dollars more plus if you don't dine out in San Miguel you are missing out.

It's only a few blocks to Chedraui where you can get snacks, drinks, etc and the rooms do have a small refrigerator.

I thought the dive shop was very good plus you can check out a tank (no extra charge) for a shore or night dive. They have rinse tanks, outdoor showers, and outdoor lockers for your wet gear so bring your own padlock. They also have racks on the terraces where you can hang your wetsuit to dry. Diving is included with the hotel and is generally something such as four days of diving with five nights.

I found Scuba Club to be extremely well set up for diving as long as you don't mind the bigger, somewhat slower boats. I rather like them.

The rooms don't have a TV, microwave, or telephone or any way to cook, not even a coffee maker. You can go to the restaurant and get coffee very early however I probably wouldn't make it unless I'd had a cup of coffee first. The WiFi was good in our rooms.

Breakfast and lunch are included and both are very good. Dinner is extra and comes out to about $20/night and has limited choices. It's only a couple of blocks to the first restaurant where you can get lobster for only a couple of dollars more plus if you don't dine out in San Miguel you are missing out.

It's only a few blocks to Chedraui where you can get snacks, drinks, etc and the rooms do have a small refrigerator.

I thought the dive shop was very good plus you can check out a tank (no extra charge) for a shore or night dive. They have rinse tanks, outdoor showers, and outdoor lockers for your wet gear so bring your own padlock. They also have racks on the terraces where you can hang your wetsuit to dry. Diving is included with the hotel and is generally something such as four days of diving with five nights.
Do they do 3 tank dives on the larger boats? Seems like 2 is the norm in Coz

Two morning dives and two afternoon dives is the typical fare in Cozumel.
I was able to do 3 a day one week with my preferred dive operator, but that was an anomaly. It was a quiet week and there was another experienced regular in addition to me and my wife and we all 3 wanted to do 3 dives per day and were accommodated accordingly. Not the norm.

No, they were just doing the usual 2-tank dives but you can shore dive from the resort when you get back. Sometimes they will have another boat dive scheduled in the afternoon, such as a wreck dive, but they need enough people who want to go or I think they just cancel it. I have not done their extra dives but no doubt it costs extra. Many people do a night dive from the resort and it's common to see the flashlights moving around underwater after dark and that does not cost extra.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom