cozumel dive resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozumel Palace and you can choose your own dive operator and have them pick you up at the Coz Palace pier.
I believe with the exception of Secrets Aura & Sunscape Sabor, all other dive resorts in Cozumel with a pier will allow third party operators to pick up guests free of charge. Assuming the resort has a pier, or course. I'd avoid those two, and also Iberostar because of that chain's dubious history involving the death of guests due to tainted alcohol. To my knowledge, nobody has died from bad booze on Coz but It seems like a safe guess that this Iberostar is closely associated and maybe owned by the same folks as the other Mexican Iberostar hotels.

I believe with the exception of Secrets Aura & Sunscape Sabor, all other dive resorts in Cozumel with a pier will allow third party operators to pick up guests free of charge. Assuming the resort has a pier, or course. I'd avoid those two, and also Iberostar because of that chain's dubious history involving the death of guests due to tainted alcohol. To my knowledge, nobody has died from bad booze on Coz but It seems like a safe guess that this Iberostar is closely associated and maybe owned by the same folks as the other Mexican Iberostar hotels.

Christi (Blue XT Sea) recently posted a "Naughty" list and I was under the impression that there are now several resorts that have made it difficult for dive ops to pick up their guests at their piers. I'm guessing that if they are not on the Naughty list then they are on the "Nice" list.

Christi (Blue XT Sea) recently posted a "Naughty" list and I was under the impression that there are now several resorts that have made it difficult for dive ops to pick up their guests at their piers. I'm guessing that if they are not on the Naughty list then they are on the "Nice" list.

I guess I missed it. It's a crappy policy to be sure, but as someone who looks for AI when I travel I would not stay somewhere and not use the included/onsite dive operator. All the operators aren't the same, but I haven't heard anyone saying that specific in house ops are particularly bad. They may not offer steel 108's overfilled to 150 with trimix or take you across to the other side of the island to avoid bad weather but I think they're okay for most folks just the same.

I guess I missed it. It's a crappy policy to be sure, but as someone who looks for AI when I travel I would not stay somewhere and not use the included/onsite dive operator. All the operators aren't the same, but I haven't heard anyone saying that specific in house ops are particularly bad. They may not offer steel 108's overfilled to 150 with trimix or take you across to the other side of the island to avoid bad weather but I think they're okay for most folks just the same.

I was only referring to being picked up by a "third party" dive op at the hotel's/resort's private dock. I also have not heard about any bad dive ops on Cozumel, just that some may prefer one over another according to their wants and needs. I think these threads refer to at least three different resorts unless Secrets and Sunscape and Residencias are the same place (?) I admit I didn't read it very thoroughly because I'm sure I'll never stay at any of them unless I win a contest or something.

Guests of Sunscape, Secrets & Residencias Reef

Secrets Aura & Sunscape Sabor outcome

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom