Secrets Aura & Sunscape Sabor outcome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
February 1, 2018

Dear Valued Cozumel Guests,

On behalf of 40+ aquatic sports providers, we have unfortunate news for guests of Sunscape Sabor and Secrets Aura. As of February 1st, a large group of aquatic sports operators will suspend courtesy pick-up service to the Sunscape Sabor and Secrets Aura pier.

This change comes from the hotel management itself. They have implemented new policies that have made it impossible for us to pick guests up on their pier. As a group, we met with hotel management to offer numerous alternative solutions and suggestions in efforts to reach a mutually beneficial outcome so that guests can continue receiving the best service possible. Unfortunately, our efforts have not been met with open minds or willingness to cooperate in providing the best experience for our guests.

We strongly urge everyone who is planning to stay at an all-inclusive hotel to please choose one that will allow you to use their pier.

Please contact your dive shop or water sports provider directly with any additional questions.

Thank you for your understanding! We look forward to seeing you on the boat (and topside)!

Respectfully,

Scuba Tony
Blue XT~Sea Diving
3 Pelicanos
Liquid Blue
Living Underwater
Scuba with Alison
Bottom Time Divers
Albatros Charters
Aquatic Adventures
Diving Adventures
Scuba Life
H20i
Scuba Shack
Salty Endeavors
Deep Blue
Papa Hogs
Sea Robin
Alex Adventures
Challenge Divers
Manta Raya Divers
Blue Project
Tortuga Carey
Pepe Scuba
Wildcat Divers
Cozumel Sports
Dive with Cristina
Rey Diving
Dive with Martin
Caribbean Divers
Island Divers
Mar Azul Aquatics
+ several others who are not named

Last edited:

What a shame. Nice to see many well-known dive ops sticking together.

Christi, if you can answer... is the + others not named because they asked to not be publicly named or some other reason? There are a few big names not on the list and I'm wondering if they support you but do not wish to publicize it or if they do not support you.

Wow, that's disappointing. I thought the $2/day pier pass they were telling customers about sounded like a good solution. Too bad that fell through. I guess these guests will only be able to do the AI option and dive with Dive House, or take a cab to a third party dive operator.

Wow, that's disappointing. I thought the $2/day pier pass they were telling customers about sounded like a good solution. Too bad that fell through. I guess these guests will only be able to do the AI option and dive with Dive House, or take a cab to a third party dive operator.

Their response is misleading to guests.

"Yes, you can pick up your passes at the front desk, but your operator has to purchase them"

Guests CANNOT purchase the bracelets, if that was the outcome - this post would not be here.

I'm glad to see the solidarity in dive and watersports operators on the island. Sorry for the result though.

"
"Yes, you can pick up your passes at the front desk, but your operator has to purchase them"

Guests CANNOT purchase the bracelets, if that was the outcome - this post would not be here."

Easy solution if people are reasonable.

"

Guests CANNOT purchase the bracelets, if that was the outcome - this post would not be here."

Easy solution if people are reasonable.

If that solution was unacceptable, then the most logical conclusion (from someone who wasn't in the room where it happens) is that Sunscape/Secrets didn't want a solution and instead wanted to prohibit other dive boats from coming to their pier but didn't want to say so explicitly. Offering only an unreasonable system gets them to the same outcome.

I was at a cave diving presentation earlier this week and the presenter said there is no such thing as logic or reason in that particular part of Mexico (referring to the Yucatan Peninsula). I guess this is yet another example of that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom