Secrets Aura & Sunscape Sabor outcome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just 8%.... Is that all? Shame on the Dive Ops for ever thinking they are part of the traveling customers overall team (sarcasm intended....) Reminds me of the class in college called "How to lie with statistics". 8% of 3000 guests is 240 divers. Ummm, Mr. Guzman, I'd be very proud of that number too & there is NO WAY the house dive op can handle that volume!

Not to mention that an AI is a great place for Diver Dad to take his non-diving wife and kids so they have something to do all day while he is out diving. So Dad might only represent 25% of his family but none of them will be there if Dad takes them to another place where his diving isn't such a hassle.

I'd also like to know how the resorts arrived at their 8% number. Random surveys? Counting divers on the pier? They don't have access to other op's data or know what people do when they leave the property.

Last edited:
When I stayed at Sunscape this past April I watched maybe 6 boats pull up to the dock while I waited for my dive op to pick me up. In the twenty minutes that I watched at least 25 to 30 people who were not divers and were doing other activities boarded boats (this happened six days straight). Only one boat that I could see had scuba tanks on board (besides mine) and they picked up two people. I was the only diver my op picked up at the pier. My dive op had to wait five or six minutes for the dock to clear out so they could pick me up--it's quite a busy dock. That was between 9:00 am and 9:20 am---I'm sure there were many other boats picking up people to do other activities earlier also as well as dive ops. I'm just wondering if these other tour operators that do activities such as snorkeling, fishing or beach outings are clamoring about the fee also. Only 8% may be divers but there are a whole lot of others using the dock too who are going to have to pay that $2 one way or the other. A note: everyday I used the dock there were at least two staff members from the resorts there mostly directing people to boats or letting people know if their boat showed up and left without them lol.

So disappointing. We usually split our stay a week in town and a week at Secrets. And prefer diving while at Secrets as the pickup is at 8:00 rather than 7:30. Maybe this will all blow over in as few months

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom