Sherwood Magnum 1st and 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nldiver1984

Contributor
Reaction score
I've recently aquired an old Sherwood Magnum Blizzard 2nd stage with a worn diaphragm. I bought a new diaphragm thinking it would fit, but disappointingly it did not.

Wondering if anyone has an old Sherwood Magnum 1st and 2nd stage they'd like to sell for cheap? I lost my bid on EBay for the same set, but with the cost of shipping an import charges it doesn't make it worthwhile to buy any scuba gear from EBay.

I live in Canada and would pay $80-$100 for theb set, shipping included. More if they've been recently serviced.

Can anyone out there help me out?

Have you downloaded a service manual for the regulator? I'm thinking it should tell you a part number for the diaphragm (and other parts) so when looking for a replacement you simply look for that number. I'm also thinking that if the diaphragm is worn out then the rest of it might need a lot of servicing.

4006-13A is the part number for some Blizzard diaphragms but I'm not certain if that covers different models for different years.

file:///C:/Users/LPA%20User/Downloads/SRB3200,%20SRB3300,%20SRB3400,%20SRB3400%20(3).pdf

I also recommend downloading the Technical Bulletins. This page has the bulletins plus other manuals to choose from:

http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/sherwood/

I'm a little bit surprised that the diaphragm didn't fit if it was indeed for Sherwood--I have three Magnums, a 4000, and a 3100 and they all have the same diaphragm. Sorry, none of them are for sale.

Edit: That first link didn't pop up as a link but you can get to it from the other link (3200, 3300, etc) It's the Yellow one.

Edit #2: You might want to see what Omar has available at One-More-Chance-Scuba. I bought an old Sherwood Magnum first and second stage from him and they were excellent.

one_more_chance_scuba | eBay

Last edited:
The Issue with Sherwood is they used the same names through all the years. As @JamesBon92007 mentioned, the earlier diaphragms I have seen are the same. The newer (2008 ?) are oval and seem more delicate and could be more easily damaged.

Without knowing what vintage (SRB number) the reg is, it is harder to give advice giving the consistency of the names over the decades. Pictures would help also.

Bob

You indicate your old diaphragm is "worn". Do you really mean "torn"? Or just that the steel center piece has some harmless wear marks?

What about your "new" diaphragm did not fit?

I recently saw both the round and the oval style on sale on ebay. My regs use round. So I am curious to find out if there are 2 different round diaphragms.

Pictures would be very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom