Compressor for fills at my house

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I live over an hour one way from
The nearest dive shop for fills. Is there any type of solution for my house for fills? I own 4 80 aluminum’s. I fill them once a week. I spend about $10per fill. Is there something that uses a regular outlet?

there are several compressors that will run on 115v but they're expensive. Most run on dryer/oven outlets. You can get small gas powered compressors fairly inexpensively though

cool. I'm not against it. I only need air for now. What kind would you recommend?

what you can get in good shape for a reasonable price. All depends on your budget. May have some trouble finding them locally but if you're willing to drive a bit, there's usually a bunch on sale

Coltri MCH6 comes to mind, I see it in 120/240 and gas variants all over Ebay. I would lean towards the 240v units. I see them on Craigslist now again as well.

I need a model so I can start pricing.

I need a model so I can start pricing.
Where in Ohio do you live?

I have a Mako/CompAir 9300-E3 (recently rebuild 5405 block) for sale complete with a heavy duty 220V motor and filtration tower in an aluminum cage with casters. This is a heavy duty machine with big cooling coils that delivers 8 SCFM up to 5000 PSI through a DIN whip with yoke adapter. Can be used with Nitrox stick for continuous blending. Ready to plug into oven or dryer outlet and fill your tanks. Make offer.

Last edited:
Ebay is your friend. What is your price point? 4k can get you a nice unit

Where in Ohio do you live?

I have a Mako/CompAir 9300-E3 (recently rebuild 5405 block) for sale complete with a heavy duty 220V motor and filtration tower in an aluminum cage with casters. This is a heavy duty machine with big cooling coils that delivers 8 SCFM up to 5000 PSI through a DIN whip with yoke adapter. Can be used with Nitrox stick for continuous blending. Ready to plug into oven or dryer outlet and fill your tanks. Make offer.

I have a small garage. Could this fit in a basement? I have no idea what this is worth . I’m in Mansfield

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom