What are everyone’s favorite movie scenes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of my favorites is an oldie, “Underwater Warrior” with Dan Duryea playing a man who can’t swim but who wants to join the Navy frogmen corps during WWII. It’s not a GREAT film but very entertaining, based on a true story and lots of underwater footage. Another one I love to watch over and over is “Creature from the Black Lagoon”. I have it on 3D Blu-ray- shot in the Florida springs so the b&w footage is crystal clear.

Let's see...
The sledding scene in "Willow."
The T-rex chase scene in "Jurassic Park," where "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."
The wildebeest stampede in "The Legend of Tarzan."
I had another one in mind, but it slipped my mind...

Scorsese

Coffee Shop Cashier:

"Sure. What the hell. Different rules apply when it gets this late. You know what I mean? It's like after hours."

In one of my favorite movies, Kurosawa's 'Ran', the scene where the samurai chief decapitates the scheming disloyal wife of his warlord as the castle burns around them is wonderful. The entire film is filled with spectacularly beautiful scenes.

"THIS, IS THIS, STANLEY."

Favorite WTF clip:

Best 'Oh hell no!'

Makes me ugly cry every time

The Milagro Bean Field War - When the locals were going through the hardware store arming themselves (lots of other parts too).

Pick just about any part of:

Pulp Fiction, Fandango (1985), Midnight Run

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

The echo dance scene in House Of Flying Daggers is one of my favorites.

@DangerousDan64 -- From SLC !

stated

"One of my favorites is an oldie, “Underwater Warrior” with Dan Duryea playing a man who can’t swim but who wants to join the Navy frogmen corps during WWII. It’s not a GREAT film but very entertaining, based on a true story and lots of underwater footage. Another one I love to watch over and over is “Creature from the Black Lagoon”. I have it on 3D Blu-ray- shot in the Florida springs so the b&w footage is crystal clear....".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was Dan Daley who played Francis "Doug" Fane
Doug is considered by many as the father of SCUBA diving in the USN. He was one of the first in the USA to dive with SCUBA and was a big proponent of SCUBA

In 1956 he published his book ,The Naked Warriors which because of prevailing morals of the 1950s the movie title was changed to The Underwater Warrors" The book originally published in1956-- LCCC#56-10164 -- H/C c D/J 308 Pages. It was reprinted in 1995 when Doug was 86 years old by Naval institute press ISBN #1-55750-266-8 -- H/C c D/J 308 -- I am fortunate to have known Doug whom I considered a friend and have both books inscribed to me.

It is a great read especially on the early history of the UDT- And especially during those cold SLC winters ! Burrr !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was a "patron" for the local play house -- one of the actress was Julie Adams of Black Lagoon fame -- I got to know her and had her autograph a copy of Skin Diver Magazine when she was featured on the cover
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SDM

You might find this tit bit interesting

Los Angeles County Underwater Instructors Program - AKA UICC
The father of all civilian and several military dive training programs
established in the summer of 1954 by the late Bev Morgan and Al Tillman

33 foot dich and recovery in open ocean
99 foot free ascent in open ocean (Catalina Island )

No problems ! Practice and perfect under controlled conditions what must be preformed perfectly under emergence conditions

LA CO always demanded that the applicant was a good waterman prior to acceptance and the non equaled program produced divers - not people who just dove and identified themselves as a diver

I always recall Commander Bond USN 300 + free assent
And less publicized Lt jg Dick Bonin USN free ascent from 200 feet + under artic ice while testing regulators for USN while serving in UDT with Doug Fane

Commander Bond became famous as the father of Sea Lab
Dick Bonin was a co founder of SCUBA Pro
(FYI both have passed on to that big reef in the sky)

So a CESA can be done under controlled training conditions-to prepare the diver for real life emergency conditions .
SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom