Recommendations for Flights to Hurghada from US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did a multi leg journey.

States to Heathrow, spend a night. We used American for this but there are tons of options.

Then air egypt for Heathrow to Cairo, 2 hour layover then Cairo to hurghada.

Reverse on the way back, we spent 4 days in London and touristed there.

It was not cheap. I could not find a cheap option.

There were some small airlines that flew london to hurghada direct less expensively but they nickel and dime you for everything...bags, food, etc.

London to Hurghada leg, either Thomson or Queasy Jet (sorry, Easyjet).

Thomson definitely nicer on a Dreamliner plus extra 5kg luggage allowance with diver cert card.

Buy a roundtrip to whatever major European gateway city is cheapest for you and hosts budget airlines that serve Hurghada--London, Brussels, Frankfurt, Istanbul or whatever. That's what we did.

We're only going one way to Hurghada, because after diving the Red Sea and doing a week of archaeological touring, we go to Anilao to dive, and the to Alor. Basically, going all the way around the world. We're going to go the LAX route. I checked the London route and it's much more expensive for us, whether we fly from Tucson or Phoenix.

Have you considered flying through Toronto? I think Egyptair flies non-stops Toronto to Cairo. I have no idea about the price, but it could be an option.

Yes, I've tried several places. The problem is getting a good flight from Tucson to a hub. There are more options from Phoenix, but that also is expensive due to the shuttle to go up there. Since we'll be gone for more than a month, I don't want to park at the airport. So far, the best I've found is to go west a bit first. The flight from LAX is nonstop to Istanbul, then continues to Hurghada eight hours later. I'm hoping to get a short tour while in Istanbul.

IST is a good hub for Red Sea flights. As for spending a few hours there, I recall someone posting about that. I’m not sure what he ended up doing. Maybe search for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom