Good chicken place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogbowl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Recommendations for a good chicken place? I’d like to try one this time. Walkable from el Centro preferred.

Google Maps

Kozumel Fried Chicken. Son and I tried it back in September. Not much atmosphere, but we got it as Take-Away. You can get it prepared in other styles besides fried. Sides are included. $5 will get you more food that you can imagine.

Two recommendations, both too far away for a comfortable walk. Taxi might cost 40 pesos.

Caracol grilled chicken is hard to beat at "el billy's" on 65ave.
ASADERO EL BILLY
65 Avenida Sur, Independencia, 77664 San Miguel de Cozumel, Q.R., Mexico
+52 987 880 0711
https://maps.google.com/?cid=17332821151965340030

Same goes for this chicken place: (flavor rubbed under the skin and cooked whole)
Asadero del Pollo
Pedro Joaquin 498, Gonzalo Guerrero, 77600 San Miguel de Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico
+52 987 872 3665
https://maps.google.com/?cid=6474257564531689959

Both more of a take out (and eat by the ocean?) sort of place with high volume exquisite flavor.

Cameron

@northernone , thanks and another practical question. If I take a taxi there, is it easy to hail a taxi back? Reason why I ask is that I’ve done it once, took a taxi just beyond El Centro, but had to walk back since there were no passing taxis to be had. Was that just a bad luck experience on my part? Thanks.

@northernone , thanks and another practical question. If I take a taxi there, is it easy to hail a taxi back? Reason why I ask is that I’ve done it once, took a taxi just beyond El Centro, but had to walk back since there were no passing taxis to be had. Was that just a bad luck experience on my part? Thanks.

I've had fairly good success with taxis. Took a few hundred before I got my truck. There is a lull in service mid afternoon.

Another option, if you are on Facebook messager, there is a taxi dispatch system you can write. Also a number you can call. They charge an extra 7 (I think) pesos and respond within a minute.

Another option is to ask the taxi to wait if you are doing take out.

If you are friendly and ask for the price in pasos (before getting in) I have had a wonderful time with the taxi workers here in Cozumel. If the driver isn't instantly friendly, I'll thank them for stopping and wait for the next. I have only had a maybe a dozen grumpy taxis out of hundreds.

30th might be walking distance if you're up for a stoll.

Cameron

See Translation
51308474_1041483929384739_3635960892924887040_n.jpg

Dona Quela , Pollo Kentucky. Great fried chicken and they Deliver

Before we bought our house, I used to stay at a B&B on 55 and rented rooms in a house on 75. Walked from there up to Melgar and back regularly. It's not that much of a walk. However, I was so much younger then..

30th might be walking distance if you're up for a stoll. Cameron

@northernone ,If I take a taxi there, is it easy to hail a taxi back? Reason why I ask is that I’ve done it once, took a taxi just beyond El Centro, but had to walk back since there were no passing taxis to be had. Was that just a bad luck experience on my part? Thanks.
If you can't find a taxi to take from where you are, head to one of the main streets (like 30, 65, 11th etc.) as there will pretty much always be something. And if you aren't in a hurry, hop on a collectivo. (Do that by standing on a corner and wave at it.) Cheap like borscht (8 pesos) and they just run a circuit, always stopping at Chedraui at some point. Where there are lots and lots of taxis.

We are right by the sunk sailboat on Melgar.
We walk to the chicken place across from Dominos on 30 it’s carry out 120 pesos for a whole chicken, rice , spaghetti, slaw and sauces.
Also hit Aki supermarket while there .

Will also x 2 for El Billy on 65 we always go there when we rent a car.

When people ask for a recommendation for a dive shop, we often ask what their preferences are so that we can recommend an op that meets their preferences.
Before I can recommend a place for chicken I would need to know about the persons likes and their experience level. Are they a newbie that would benefit from a private PM (PolloMaster) or are they full tech chicken eaters that don't want anyone touching their forks and want to be able to eat their whole chicken without being limited by the first eater in the group to get full.
Without knowing more about Dogbowl, any recommendations I give would just be cheerleading for my favorite Polleria.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom