Good chicken place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok mstevens where is El Pechugon please?
I do consider myself a Chicken Master and have the “card” to prove it! (A little PADI humor)

Cantaritos a relatively new place on 2 north between Melgar & 5 has great wings like 9 different ways. We just learned of them and have been twice this week

Recommendations for a good chicken place? I’d like to try one this time. Walkable from el Centro preferred.

I've not yet eaten at the one in San Miguel but we love El Pechugon in PDC and Puerto Vallarta. It says Av 65 y Av 11 which may or may not be correct. Here's a map if it still knows what I asked for:

Google Maps

The price varies a little by location but it's somewhere around $120 MX for their Pechugon Completo. I highly recommend the potatoes (papas). They used to have a special on Miercoles (Wednesday). It comes with tortillas and salsa. Look for the specials. I always ask to not have it cut up as I prefer to carve it myself. If they sold beans the place would be perfect :wink:

Unfortunately it might be too far to walk from Centro.

Edit: I forgot to mention (just said it in a bag drag post) that we pretty much always pick up a chicken and potatoes at El Pechugon after we get off the ADO bus in PDC, just in case you are doing the bag drag. We bring an insulated bag. We may not have been to the one in San Miguel but we've eaten El Pechugon in San Miguel :wink:

I've switched from Pari Pollo to El Pechugón recently. Those potatoes.

Yeah, the idea of whole potatoes roasting under the rotisserie constantly being basted with seasoned chicken drippings from above is certainly appealing. A friend of mine slow BBQ's whole pigs for parties and that crunchy, cracklin' salty seasoned pig skin is equally appealing... So appealing I ate too much of it at one party and spent a few hours retching it it all back up. I guess there is only so much fat I can ingest in a given amount of time before my body simply rejects it... ever seen a mayonnaise eating contest? Disgusting!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom