Xtar D26 1600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm happy to read that @stuartv finally got a new dive light and it is working for him. When I heard about his problems but that XTAR fixed them, I was hoping I had one of the new dive lights. Turns out, because I bought it from Alibaba, I seem to have gotten one of the old dive lights. I received my light back in November 2018. On November 13th, 2018 I got in touch with XTAR.

I have been dealing with them ever since. The latest word from XTAR is they sent me a new spring (like they did for @stuartv ) but they also included a tube to allow me to use a smaller battery. I was still having trouble with the new spring. When I talked to XTAR they told me I had to use the new spring, the old spring and the tube with a smaller battery. This means the light will never output 1600 lumen (my whole reason for getting it).

The contact at XTAR stopped talking to me for a while. I emailed her again a week ago and she told XTAR was closed for Lunar New Year. She would get back to me when she was back in the office, after Lunar New Year. Lunar New Year doesn't official end until Tuesday, November 19, 2019. But I did see a post from someone from XTAR on this board from yesterday.

Bottom line, still don't have a functional dive light. At this point I've been telling everyone in my dive clubs (Toronto, Canada and Dallas, TX) not to buy from XTAR and I'll probably never buy another dive light from them.

I have a D26 Whale. Had it for years. Either XTAR's quality has gone downhill or you should always wait a few years for them to fix the bugs in the D26-1600.

If the new d26 2500 ships "working" and isnt much more expensive, then that might be the best bet going forward.

I'd expect any dive light I'm purchasing to "work" but if the D26-1600 is any indication, I'm not going to be rushing to buy a D26-2500. I already wasted enough money on a non-functional D26-1600. Over 3 months and I'm still trying to get a functional D26-1600.

Now if XTAR wants to send me a D26-2500 as a replacement to my D26-1600 I'd be willing to give that a try. Anything has to be better than the dive light I currently have.

An Romantic gift for the Valentine's Day
sIf you google it, you should be able to find the promo vid.

Thank you. Very exciting!

I finally got to dive my D26 1600 this weekend. I used it on a 40 minute dive yesterday and a 60 minute dive today. Max depth was only around 100', but I had it turned on for the whole time on both dives and it performed perfectly. I did change the battery between yesterday and today, so this experience doesn't really say anything about battery life, but my previous testing at home satisfied me in that regard.

Latest update on my D26-1600 dive light...

The person I've been dealing with was supposed to get back to me after Lunar New Year (over a month ago). When I didn't hear from them I wrote and asked what was going on. After a week of back and forth she told me that they have a new dive light which will fix all the issues I have been having. They weren't clear on whether I was getting another D26-1600 or was I getting the newer D26-2500.

I must ship the dive light back to XTAR in China (at my expense) and they will ship me a new dive light. I'll have to find out how much it costs for me to ship the light back to them. When I ordered this dive light originally, I paid extra to cover the shipping. They decided to ship it with a different shipping company. They didn't refund me the cost of shipping. When it showed up, I had to pay duty before I could get the dive light.

Now I have to pay to ship the light back. I wonder if the new dive light will require me to cover the shipping and duty (as a warranty replacement, there should be no duty).

I'll let everyone know how long it takes to get the new dive light. At this point however, I have paid more in shipping and duty than I did for the original price of the dive light. Plus the cost of everything will probably be more costly than buying a light from a local dive shop.

That really sucks. Why not ask them to give you a 2500 for all your headaches? Worth a try.

At this point, I'll be happy to get a D26-1600 that performs to the specification they claim. I feel if I ask for the D26-2500 I'll end up spending another year ironing out all the issues with that dive light. I have no faith in this company at this point. Their products do not live up to the specifications they claim. They are no better than the $10 Chinese knock off lights expect you'll end up paying over $100 for them.

I'm happy to read that @stuartv finally got a new dive light and it is working for him. When I heard about his problems but that XTAR fixed them, I was hoping I had one of the new dive lights. Turns out, because I bought it from Alibaba, I seem to have gotten one of the old dive lights. I received my light back in November 2018. On November 13th, 2018 I got in touch with XTAR.

I have been dealing with them ever since. The latest word from XTAR is they sent me a new spring (like they did for @stuartv ) but they also included a tube to allow me to use a smaller battery. I was still having trouble with the new spring. When I talked to XTAR they told me I had to use the new spring, the old spring and the tube with a smaller battery. This means the light will never output 1600 lumen (my whole reason for getting it).

The contact at XTAR stopped talking to me for a while. I emailed her again a week ago and she told XTAR was closed for Lunar New Year. She would get back to me when she was back in the office, after Lunar New Year. Lunar New Year doesn't official end until Tuesday, November 19, 2019. But I did see a post from someone from XTAR on this board from yesterday.

Bottom line, still don't have a functional dive light. At this point I've been telling everyone in my dive clubs (Toronto, Canada and Dallas, TX) not to buy from XTAR and I'll probably never buy another dive light from them.

I have a D26 Whale. Had it for years. Either XTAR's quality has gone downhill or you should always wait a few years for them to fix the bugs in the D26-1600.

Hi scubadiver888, I'm sorry for the bad experience. I will immediately contact our special person in charge to help you solve the problem. Could you please PM me your email address, your name and phone number of the contact you bought in Alibaba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom