Time change and Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'Bogota' time GMT -5. Not much change for Quintana Roo but the scheduled airline flight times usually shift due to the time change at the originating hub.

Or off of it. But just stay.
Endless winter? We all know that whether the daylight happens in the morning or in the evening defines the season. I like summer. Seriously I get more activities in after work as soon as the time changes. I'm not really kidding about summer starts now. WHEEEEEEE!

'Bogota' time GMT -5. Not much change for Quintana Roo but the scheduled airline flight times usually shift due to the time change at the originating hub.

Q. Roo is actually recognized now with a time zone setting for Cancun, at least on iPhone - haven't needed to use the Bogota time setting for a couple of years.

And so goes the twice yearly wailing and gnashing of teeth over DST. I happen to like it just fine.

Daylight SAVING Time -

Not plural...!!

Thank you Christi for reminding me Coz is now effectively Central time.
Actually not, Cozumel is now effectively Central Daylight Time. It's not, but it matches.

Except for those places in Central Time that also do not advance their clocks for DST such as Roatan. They are still an hour earlier than Cozumel
The only way to avoid confusion is be precise. Roatan is on Central Standard Time, non-changing.

I remember one Spring Break when I took the kids to the Grand Canyon. We overnighted in Albuquerque the night of the change to MDT, then drove to Window Rock AZ on the Navajo reservation which was also on MDT, later drove across the Painted Desert crossing the Hopi reservation on MST, then more time crossing the Navajo land on MDT, arriving at a hotel at Cameron also on the reservation and MDT officially, but they used MST to match incoming tourists from Flagstaff. There may have been some other changes as we drove across the state line or crossing other reservation line. We usually didn't have cell phone coverage so ignored the changes until we got to the hotel.

Last night on TV Trevor Noah suggested that all clock changes be made on Fridays at 4pm instead of Sunday 2am. Actually not a bad idea in a humorous sort of way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom