Time change and Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just a friendly reminder that Cozumel no longer changes time. So as you all "spring forward" an hour tonight/tomorrow morning, Cozumel time will stay the same.

What this means for our visitors is that the island is effectively on Central time until November 3 when most of your "fall back" an hour - the island will then be synced with the Eastern time zone in the US.

Spring is almost here!

Time is relevant in Cozumel???? I suppose boats do have to leave at some set time for everyone's sake but other than that???

30 days and counting

42 days and counting and it's nice to know I won't need to change the time on my dive computer.

42 days and counting and it's nice to know I won't need to change the time on my dive computer.

24 sleeps and counting , and I will have to change the time on my dive computers :eek:

Divegoose

What time is on your computer right now (Saturday)? Will it be the same tomorrow or will you change it to be on DST?

Cheers -

Screws up airline schedules, too.

Stupid time change. Reset my cameras, dive computers, watches, house clocks, car clock. What am I forgetting? Glad my phone and laptop automatically change.

24 sleeps and counting , and I will have to change the time on my dive computers :eek:
Well, you have to change anytime you leave the west coast, don't you?

Well, you don't really have to change your computer and cameras, unless you want them to sync with other devices. I hate downloading photos from two devices on different time zones, then trying to sort them by time & date taken.

So as you all "spring forward" an hour tonight/tomorrow morning, Cozumel time will stay the same.

You know, all of a sudden I like DST. When I wake up in the morning, I'll be on Cozumel time!

DST the one thing that just needs to be abolished in the U.S. already. I loved not having to worry about it when I lived in AZ.

I'd prefer we just stay on DST year round. Endless summer. Summer starts tomorrow y'all.

I'd prefer we just stay on DST year round. Endless summer. Summer starts tomorrow y'all.
Or off of it. But just stay.

Back
Top Bottom