Female Scuba Groups/Clubs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bazal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heya!

So... well... I'm a super single lady and I enjoy travelling and SCUBA!!! I am part of a local dive shop and I love the folks that run it. I have joined them on multiple trips and loved every last one of them. However, as I already stated - I'm a SINGLE lady. Therefore, considering most trips require double occupancy, I'm reliant (at the mercy) of finding another single lady to join me in our local shop. In addition, my weeks off don't always match the trip dates they are offering.

At this point, I'm looking at other options/possibilities if need be. Looking for a female (or really don't have to be exclusively female... but I won't board with a male) SCUBA group/club to join for other potential dive trips. I'm assuming most of this will take place online/forum/facebook. I tried googling; however, I see a lot of outdated sites and I'm not sure how reliable the rest are.

Can anyone suggest me any?

Thanks!

PS. Feel free to privately message me.

I've never used it, but Singledivers.com is a well known group/site for this.

Divingdivas.com is another I have no experience with, but seem to run a fair number of trips. I believe that belongs to @Lana.mcglynn who is on this board sometimes.

The couple local shops I've gone on trips with, they take individual divers and pair them up. How it works for them if they wind up not filling the spots I don't know, but you might want to check trips with other shops - the shops can be anywhere doesn't have to be your local shop, though that's nice. Perusing websites of other shops for ones that run lots of trips you like the sound of, and don't require you find your own roomie, may get you some possibilities. Bigger shops in more populous areas may accumulate more extensive rosters of past and potential travelers that makes this easier for them than a small shop that runs one trip a year.

On Facebook the Girls that Scuba site is all women and amazing! You can post and ask if there are women in your area or if you visit a place you can post on the site and find a dive buddy!!

Some liveaboards will book you as a single and will not put a male in the room with you but will market the spot to other females. Others will charge you a lot more to have the cabin to yourself which is an option too.

As a single male, I have had the best luck with a dive shop that would try to match me up with another same sex roommate. When I needed a trip that met my schedule, the best options were liveaboards, as most will find you a same sex roommate and if they don't, then you get lucky and get a room to yourself with no additional supplements.

Back
Top Bottom