Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are a few pictures of an early SS Freedom “travel” plate and a new Aluminum large Plate.

Both Rigs - Al plate has 18# Wing, SS plate has 30# wing

SS Plate - notice that I had to drill a hole to hold wing at desired height. Notice that plate is not long enough to connect lower wing grommet. No serial number.

SS Plate - tryng to show original welded channel rail on left

AL Plate - shows added length to hold both grommets to plate

AL Plate showing serial number

.....hummm, I get an error message that I don't have permission to gawk at your plate pictures.

ScubaBoard - Error

You do not have permission to view media within this album.

I changed the privacy settings. Let me know if it solved the issue.

(I thought I had posted the actual pictures)

I changed the privacy settings. Let me know if it solved the issue.

(I thought I had posted the actual pictures)

Yes, I can see the pictures now. Very nice. (I'll let Eric scold you on the web routing. :) )

Since I use my plates with Double Hose Regs (DA, Phoenix and now a Kraken), I want the plate as close to my back as possible; the cans are nestled tight to my shoulders. My method of rigging keeps the plate, wing and reg closer than the other setup.

Been using this rigging since Eric first supplied me with the SS Travel Plate.

I may need to add a wedge block to the Al plate to duplicate the slope of the rail on the SS plate.

I rig mine the same way and for the same reason, I use a different lower spacer and would like to try Eric’s wedge block, kicking the bottom of the tank out helps keep the DH can close to your back. All of these DH related adjustments work just fine for single hose use as well.

Yes, I can see the pictures now. Very nice. (I'll let Eric scold you on the web routing. :) )
You know, I can lead the horse to water and I can even get them to drink, but I can’t always get them to purse their lips exactly like I want them to. But I figure as long as they’re getting water who cares, right?
Whatever works man...

You know, I can lead the horse to water and I can even get them to drink, but I can’t always get them to purse their lips exactly like I want them to. But I figure as long as they’re getting water who cares, right?
Whatever works man...
You should send me one of the wedge blocks to try out next week in Curacao!

View attachment 511764 View attachment 511763 My aluminum plate back from Maldives proved easy to pack and travel with, rigged with deep6 webbing, and VDH 18 wing, I’ve decided I may want to try the quick dry deep6 20 wing for my curaçao trip in a few weeks.

Hey lexvil how does the deep 6 wing work with the FP? Do you need to use the rail to make it work or the wedge block? Or can you attach it directly to the plate?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom