Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey lexvil how does the deep 6 wing work with the FP? Do you need to use the rail to make it work or the wedge block? Or can you attach it directly to the plate?
It bolts right on or you can use the rail, I’m using a short doubles adaptor like an STA just to bump out the tank bottom. I actually like the VDH 18 wing better for this plate but I wanted to try the Deep 6 for the quick dry aspect.

Since I use my plates with Double Hose Regs (DA, Phoenix and now a Kraken), I want the plate as close to my back as possible; the cans are nestled tight to my shoulders. My method of rigging keeps the plate, wing and reg closer than the other setup.

Been using this rigging since Eric first supplied me with the SS Travel Plate.

I may need to add a wedge block to the Al plate to duplicate the slope of the rail on the SS plate.

Well, that makes even worse. Now, I might have to re-thread my FP. :-(

It bolts right on or you can use the rail, I’m using a short doubles adaptor like an STA just to bump out the tank bottom. I actually like the VDH 18 wing better for this plate but I wanted to try the Deep 6 for the quick dry aspect.
The wedge block will solve all this if I’m imagining correctly how the Deep 6 wing behaves on the FP.
The wedge block might just solve a lot of issues with many other wings too.

The wedge block will solve all this if I’m imagining correctly how the Deep 6 wing behaves on the FP.
The wedge block might just solve a lot of issues with many other wings too.
I’m thinking it will

Eric’s aluminum spacer. It fits perfectly between the VDH roll control
DF260DE1-04F9-4338-ACD9-A4E05186ED8E.jpeg

Perfect fit between the slots
53334997-3AD5-4BD4-ACB8-E5D6F6B26040.jpeg

Kicks the bottom of the tank out just right
1F777CF2-ADD5-4E34-A5EF-B69DD5AA14C7.jpeg
3BA9FF85-37EE-46C0-BC45-F10DA380EBB0.jpeg

I’ll be diving this next week in Curacao with both the VDH 18lb and the Deep6 20 lb wings.
1F777CF2-ADD5-4E34-A5EF-B69DD5AA14C7.jpeg

Is that an aluminum freedom plate? and is your waist webbing coated? It looks different than the webbing on the tank bands.

Is that an aluminum freedom plate? and is your waist webbing coated? It looks different than the webbing on the tank bands.
It is an aluminum FP, deep 6 webbing which is coated, still not convinced I like it (webbing) used it in the Maldives and will give it another shot in Curaçao.

It is an aluminum FP, deep 6 webbing which is coated, still not convinced I like it (webbing) used it in the Maldives and will give it another shot in Curaçao.
I noticed the webbing on the bottom of the plate spanning across the bottom. How do you have your shoulder straps attached to the waist band?

I noticed the webbing on the bottom of the plate spanning across the bottom. How do you have your shoulder straps attached to the waist band?
I do, I am not. Fan of the one piece but I did run it as one piece on the Maldives trip and while ok I find it less comfortable than I like plus with this webbing it wouldn’t tolerate any weight on the belt, with the “T” bars I can put small pouches between the plate and the “T”. I usually use a chest strap to keep the straps in place and out of my armpits but haven’t done that yet with this rig.

I do, I am not. Fan of the one piece but I did run it as one piece on the Maldives trip and while ok I find it less comfortable than I like plus with this webbing it wouldn’t tolerate any weight on the belt, with the “T” bars I can put small pouches between the plate and the “T”. I usually use a chest strap to keep the straps in place and out of my armpits but haven’t done that yet with this rig.
Oh ok, so you have the shoulder straps attached further up along the waist strap, more like a conventional set up I guess. Do you have any photos you can show so I can see? I’m always interested in the different ways people set these up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom