Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the rig is set up with a tank, run your finger under the plate down by the crotch strap slot. There should be a little clearance between the plate and tank that’s provided by the roll control cushions.
The shortness of the wing doesn’t really matter because nothing will be getting pinched.

That's just what I did. But, what I'm wondering about with a shorter wing is if the bladder would end up there. I guess I shouldn't say "pinched". I'm just wondering if it will be restricted from inflating all the way by being partly between the plate and tank.

That's just what I did. But, what I'm wondering about with a shorter wing is if the bladder would end up there. I guess I shouldn't say "pinched". I'm just wondering if it will be restricted from inflating all the way by being partly between the plate and tank.
I just checked it. I have a VDH 18 wing on a large plate with no rail and the center panel edge is right at the plate edge.

I just checked it. I have a VDH 18 wing on a large plate with no rail and the center panel edge is right at the plate edge.

Awesome! Thanks for checking that. The next time I go somewhere for warm water single tank diving, I will be seriously considering buying a VDH 18... This 35 seems really nice, so far (not having gotten it wet yet).

Plate came back from anodizing today, Type III Hardcoat with a Nickel Acetate seal, paired with VDH 18#

Dv66KDs.jpg

vHUXTvx.jpg

khfvqaR.jpg

#459; VDH 35# wing; underwater experimental roll, pitch, and yaw testing completed in Jupiter, FL yesterday, 3/12/2019, with this rig and an HP133 tank. Witness photograph attached.

Freedom Plate 459 rigged (1 of 1).jpg
Head on smiling shark (1 of 1).jpg

Received our plates on Friday.

Eric is a pleasant fellow to deal with - straightforward and honest. His estimate of shipping date was accurate.

The plates look like they should be hung on the wall - art. Quality is excellent.

They remind me of my first plastic 'plate' - j-valve days.

Unpacking photos below

IMG_4387.jpg
IMG_4388.jpg
IMG_4389.jpg
IMG_4390.jpg
IMG_4391.jpg

37984EF9-F43D-4F9E-A3C5-2021587777D7.jpeg
F7F72143-0FD4-466F-B0A2-4B7E71AE53F9.jpeg
My aluminum plate back from Maldives proved easy to pack and travel with, rigged with deep6 webbing, and VDH 18 wing, I’ve decided I may want to try the quick dry deep6 20 wing for my curaçao trip in a few weeks.

#459; VDH 35# wing; underwater experimental roll, pitch, and yaw testing completed in Jupiter, FL yesterday, 3/12/2019, with this rig and an HP133 tank.

Nice rig I like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom