Shoe Tree for Booties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I've looked and searched threads but can't come up with anything. Was wondering what everyone uses to keep the form of their booties? I mean, they're not warped horrible, but it would be nice to stick something in there that would hold there form and be able to hang them up. Any suggestions? I'd like like (for travel), plastic with some type of attachment. My booties are high cut, so they come a little up past the ankle.

I found these, but was curious what anybody else uses, or maybe you don't use anything and just let itself work out?

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Shoe-Trees-Adjustable-Lightweight/dp/B07G7FXY2Y

Thanks, seems silly / trivial, but thought I'd ask.

Newspaper, crumpled up. Heps keep their shape, isn't heavy for travel. Then when you arrive you set aside the paper and save it. Then if your booties are still damp when it is time to pack them, the newspaper will really help soak up the dampness.

A piece of plastic craft canvas rolled into a cylinder works well for propping up/open booties to dry. Once they’re dry, just toss them in your bag and don’t worry about them. (Though when packing they’re a good place to tuck dive lights or any small delicate item.)

We use old toilet paper rolls while they are drying. After that, back in the dive bag.

Everybody has interesting / funny ideas. Somebody else mentioned using a pool noodle cut to size. Lite, easy to stow and cheap.

I could probably just let it go, but thought I'd see what others did.

They're neoprene, not fine Cordovian leather. Throw them in the box with the rest of your gear.
That's what I do. Been using the same booties since starting in 2005.

So might help to clarify a bit. I have 2 booties, one is soft soul, one hard. The soft soul is thrown in a bin, box, bag, whatever. The hard soul is the one I'd like to preserve. It has a rubber front to them that "caves in" if left in the bag. It just feels uncomfortable when I go to wear them.

I think a pool noodle will work. It fits a the checks. I can but it down and modify as necessary.

So might help to clarify a bit. I have 2 booties, one is soft soul, one hard. The soft soul is thrown in a bin, box, bag, whatever. The hard soul is the one I'd like to preserve. It has a rubber front to them that "caves in" if left in the bag. It just feels uncomfortable when I go to wear them.

I think a pool noodle will work. It fits a the checks. I can but it down and modify as necessary.

Of you could use two toilet paper rolls per bootie, stuff one down into the toe, top that with another one in the ankle area.

Recycle when no longer usable.

Back
Top Bottom