Raja Ampat Liveaboard 2019 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If RADL doesn't work, you can try either Papua Paradise or Papua Explorers. Both are excellent. We'll be staying at Papua Paradise again before our Kaimana-Sorong trip.

How long were the boat rides from So-wrong?

How long were the boat rides from So-wrong?

My recollection is two and half hours to Papua Explorers, less than two hours to Papua Paradise. Papua Paradise is on Batanta, closer to Sorong. Papua Paradise is on Gam so a little further from Sorong and a little past Mansuar where RADL is.

Sucking on exhaust doesnt sound like a great way to start a vacation.

The boats used for transfers are fine. No sucking on diesel.

@nashwl your alternative option would be 2 days of diving in Bali on Dec 2 & 3. Have late evening flight back to Jakarta on the 4th before midnight flight to Sorong.

Example of the domestic flight:
E237C768-7FCE-47E5-9979-007DF4647167.jpeg

On the 1st, you fly to Denpasar, have my DM pick you up at the airport and take you to a hotel for the night in Sanur. On the 2nd, he can take you for 3 boat dives in Nusa Penida. After the dives, he can take you to Tulamben & stay for 2 nights there. On the 3rd, you can make 3-4 dives in Tulamben. On the 4th he can take you back to Denpasar including a land tour such as visiting some temples & seeing Barong & Keri’s dance, etc. and take you back to the airport that evening.

If you are interested in such itinerary I can contact my DM to quote you an estimate for such package. He has been doing this for me & my group for over 10 years. His name is Today, short for Ketut Gede Somadhyana.

This is his dive shop:
aqua cat bali, the best travel to scuba diving / dive / diving in Bali, Indonesia

My recommendation is to spend the night before boarding in Sorong. A plan like that gives a buffer in the event of flight issues.

Papua Paradise looks interesting. Unfortunately it’s unavailable for Dec 2-5.

Their website's showing of availability is not reliable. The days we booked showed as unavailable, but they had plenty of space. Best to email.

That sounds like an intense couple of days Dan haha. If it isnt too much trouble, go ahead and ask what he can do for a couple days. Nothing wrong with getting some info. I have also looked into a couple places on Lembongon for a few nights (spelling?). Blue Hill also looks tempting in Tulamben.

The places near Sorong look amazing, but $1500 for three nights is a little out of my budget.

reuben- the fumes comment was in response to Dan's opinion of Jakarta, though I didnt make that overly clear.

That sounds like an intense couple of days Dan haha. If it isnt too much trouble, go ahead and ask what he can do for a couple days. Nothing wrong with getting some info. I have also looked into a couple places on Lembongon for a few nights (spelling?). Blue Hill also looks tempting in Tulamben.

The places near Sorong look amazing, but $1500 for three nights is a little out of my budget.

reuben- the fumes comment was in response to Dan's opinion of Jakarta, though I didnt make that overly clear.

I’ll send him a request for the above quote.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom