Why 2 buckles on waist belt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toddler diver here and still learning. That much said, no stranger to high risk activities where people’s lives depend on personal equipment and teamwork.

This seems to be a technique and a focal point for enforcing standardization rather than a foundational principle.

Is the “no D-ring on the right hip” codified in a licensing agency’s instructional manual as a fundamental principle?

Do a little research on Hogarthian gear configuration. It’s actually very much about the principals to improve streamlining gear and reduction of drag in the water. Elimination of extra, things that do not add to logical redundancy.

And yes, my first can light was a large Lexan cylinder about the size of an aluminum 30cf bottle, w two 12v batteries”. It needed to be held securely In place, and also be ditchable if needed.

The second buckle was a pretty common method to accomplish this.

The GUE/DIR concepts add onto these principles and enforce more rigid standardization.

...the buckle must sit at the 3-o-clock position, and have a blue H sticker on it. Hahaha. :wink:

Is the “no D-ring on the right hip” codified in a licensing agency’s instructional manual as a fundamental principle?

My setup is pretty much straight Hogarthian, but I did have a D-ring on the right side. I clip a reel to it. Then the can light is then threaded onto the right waist webbing, and the buckle used to hold it against the D-ring. The long hose goes around the canister, but if I am diving without the can light (like for shore diving), then I just looped it around the reel. I use the same setup with single tank OC, double tank OC or with my rebreather. Works great.

My setup is pretty much straight Hogarthian, but I did have a D-ring on the right side. I clip a reel to it.

Me, too.

Not to crack open an entirely new six pack conversation but I clip off my 100% bottle on the right side. I need a D-ring more than I need to be a Bill Main acolyte.

I went with a d ring on the right side as well. But I also don’t have a can light atm

Green Manelishi made some buckles that had D-Rings built in to the pivot point. They are great as I have a Belt buckle and a D-Ring.

@green Manaleshi made some buckels that had D-Rings built in to the pivot point. They are great as I have a Belt buckle and a D-Ring.
Have you got a photo?

the buckle must sit at the 3-o-clock position, and have a blue H sticker on it.
Damn. My buckle only has the "H" embossed, no color at all.

Where do I deliver my complaint?

That’s a nice site read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom