Who gave this guy a cave card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They're both idiots. Worst part is, millions of people listen to this garbage on a daily basis. Rogan makes Howard Stern sound like Stephen Hawking.

dude thats a little harsh.....

Harsh? Sure. Against Stephen Hawking.

And an ellipsis is three dots, not five.

Remember kiddies, drugs and cave diving don't mix. :)
Tell that to the NACD. Based on at least one of their former instructors, the name was close to being changed to Need Another Coke Dealer

They're both idiots. Worst part is, millions of people listen to this garbage on a daily basis. Rogan makes Howard Stern sound like Stephen Hawking.

Agreed both are idiots. Joe Rogan's podcast is full of moron that wear Affliction gear in my opinion.

Though the Howard Stern comments a little harsh. Howard Stern gets a bad rep from his days of trying to grow his following through strippers and fart jokes. He's actually a really intelligent, well thought out entertainer.

Tell that to the NACD. Based on at least one of their former instructors, the name was close to being changed to Need Another Coke Dealer

Agreed both are idiots. Joe Rogan's podcast is full of moron that wear Affliction gear in my opinion.

Though the Howard Stern comments a little harsh. Howard Stern gets a bad rep from his days of trying to grow his following through strippers and fart jokes. He's actually a really intelligent, well thought out entertainer.

I don't understand the Joe Rogan hate. The guy asks some clarification questions or questions to keep topic on point, but for the most part he lets guests speak freely. Joe doesn't claim to be an intellectual. I don't even think he would accept that term if you tried to give it to him. He's a normal guy that likes to chat and meet different people. He gave the speaker more than enough rope to hang himself with. Have we become so warped that the guy who isn't screaming his view point at us is the one we mistrust?

I don't understand the Joe Rogan hate. The guy asks some clarification questions or questions to keep topic on point, but for the most part he lets guests speak freely. Joe doesn't claim to be an intellectual. I don't even think he would accept that term if you tried to give it to him. He's a normal guy that likes to chat and meet different people. He gave the speaker more than enough rope to hang himself with. Have we become so warped that the guy who isn't screaming his view point at us is the one we mistrust?

I never said he was a bad interviewer, I'm just not a fan of him. He has a lot of idiots on his podcast with alot of dumb ideas, and he's got quite a few on his own. Have you bought the neck exerciser he peddles yet?

Also didn't make sense: why the f would anyone ever think that it's idea to fill his bc, or "buoyancy concroller," and breathe off of that instead of from his tank.

You must not have listened to the same guy I did. He pretty clearly said his idea was to breath out of his wing to build up CO2 until he passed out, rather than run out of gas and drown while conscious. Then realized the better way out was to focus on the issues at hand and get out of the cave instead of dying.

I've never even heard of this guy before this video, but it's kind of comical to me how he admitted to making mistakes and reacting out of fear, and the prevailing response is that everyone else in this thread is apparently more intelligent/skilled/whatever, and he's an idiot.

ArmchairQuarterback.jpg

You must not have listened to the same guy I did. He pretty clearly said his idea was to breath out of his wing to build up CO2 until he passed out, rather than run out of gas and drown while conscious. Then realized the better way out was to focus on the issues at hand and get out of the cave instead of dying.

I've never even heard of this guy before this video, but it's kind of comical to me how he admitted to making mistakes and reacting out of fear, and the prevailing response is that everyone else in this thread is apparently more intelligent/skilled/whatever, and he's an idiot.

View attachment 567448

I don't think anybody's saying he's an idiot based on his reaction to the situation. It's because you can tell he has some cave training, but is either too illiterate to discuss basic diving/cave diving topics or doesn't have an appropriate grasp and shouldn't have a cave card. He also sounds like he's either an idiot or high when he talks. The fact that he survived or how he survived isn't the issue. Though it's obvious his survival is pure luck.

Y....and he's an idiot.

I believe the issue is how many seemingly basic mistakes he made for allegedly being an experienced, cave certified, diver. Like, how many times, prior to, and during, his freak out, that he let go of the line in the silt out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom