Kubi dry gloves...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the price of a new set of dui dry gloves that go to the zip ring ($180) you could buy the Ultima rings ($180). These would mount to your wrist seal. Although if I were you I would also buy a set of sitech pu rings (part number 60251, $20) and glue them on the suit in place of the zip seal system. It would cost you $6 in aquaseal to make it happen. That would reduce all the connections you would have.

Agree. Those gloves are expensive and proprietary. It is easy to puncture a glove. I couldn’t see paying for a new set for every glove I have punctured. A set off Showa 720s goes for less than $10. For the price of one set of those sets of gloves, you could have a set of sitech cuffs, a rolock system, and several pairs of Showa 720s.

I have a DUI suit with zip seals. My gloves are starting to leak and I'm looking for another system. Could I use the zip seals to mount the ring?

EDIT: I did find your post here: Rolock dry glove system review and modification
Yes.
I also have a DUI with silicone zip wrist and neck seals.
I attached the Kubi rings to the wrist seals...no problem at all, it's simple to do.
It has been about 100 cold water dives, most about 90‐120 min, and no problem.
Side note, you can buy the exact same rubber gloves, named Marigold, at Scuba Gear Canada.com for under $10. I know there are other gloves but I like the weight and dexterity of these particular gloves.

Yes.
I also have a DUI with silicone zip wrist and neck seals.
I attached the Kubi rings to the wrist seals...no problem at all, it's simple to do.
It has been about 100 cold water dives, most about 90‐120 min, and no problem.
Side note, you can buy the exact same rubber gloves, named Marigold, at Scuba Gear Canada.com for under $10. I know there are other gloves but I like the weight and dexterity of these particular gloves.

Paul, thanks for chiming in. I have some marigolds from my previous dry suit that had SiTech rings installed. Gloves kept leaking so I tried marigolds and those worked quite well. From my experience, I found those gloves to work quite well.

Basically what I plan to do is to install some system using the zip seals I have now (never used). Eventually, I'd like to get rings installed on the suit that enable me to use a Kubi/Rolocks/something system, still have the wrist seals so I can use semi dry gloves, and still have marigolds as a backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom