Hello From Long Island NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My Name is Joe , I was Certified back in 1989 and quickly rose up in the certification ranks to Divemaster . I have logged hundreds of dives mostly on Long Island NY, From deep dives(Wreck Diving) to shallow Jetti diving, I have also traveled and dove in Florida and ST Lucia in the West Indies. As I have gotten older I try to stay away from the more strenuous diving and just enjoy shallow less strong current adventures. I now mostly dive with my Metal detector and find a lot of cool items while enjoying the best of both worlds .

Welcome Joe from a native of Yonkers. I've dived some LI shore dives. Any recommendations for spots that are easy entry, decent depth (20-30') and above all, places to park close by legally for a non-resident?

Welcome!

Hello. I dive off my own boat on LI, always looking for fellow divers who are interested in joining me so we can switch off- one in the boat, on or two in the water. Depths range from 15' jetties to wrecks within recreational limits, most of my dives tend to be in the 40-50' range.

Not looking for any money of course, just crew. Some boating experience is preferred but if not that's ok too. Please pm me your contact information, the season will be here before we know it!

Hello from another LIer.

Welcome from Glen Cove. I have done several of the dives in the book "Long Island Shore Dives". I have jetties and a few others right nearby.

Welcome Joe. I recently moved to SE Florida, but lived and boated on Long Island for over 20 years. I dove many wrecks in the waters between LI and NJ, and a few reefs as well. This is an excellent dive site - enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom