Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the 5-June noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           2,071  ->  2,116
     Social Isolation             404  ->    414
     Hospitalized                 142  ->    142
     Recovered                  1,126  ->  1,153
     Deaths                       399  ->    407
Q Roo Tests pending               194  ->    184

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases               46  ->     46
     Recovered                     27  ->     27
     Deaths                        13  ->     13
Data from https://twitter.com/SESA_QROO/status/1268953742159810560/photo/1
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

The state of Quintana Roo has created the official web page for re-opening activities at ¡Reactivemos Quintana Roo! | Información general. While not always the best translations, the page plays well with Google Translate, which will make it easier to navigate around the site. Keep in mind that web pages, in general, tend to be updated less frequently than announcements on social media outlets.

i had put that link under the re-opening Q Roo thread. If a moderator is listening , I still like the idea of making a sticky with the various news source links

From the 6-June noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           2,116  ->  2,161
     Social Isolation             414  ->    422
     Hospitalized                 142  ->    145
     Recovered                  1,153  ->  1,176
     Deaths                       407  ->    418
Q Roo Tests pending               184  ->    145

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases               46  ->     52
Data from https://twitter.com/SESA_QROO/status/1269317004051300366/photo/1
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

Wow! Six new cases reported in Cozumel today. No special comment on the number from the mayor; he just asks to continue to observe the Phase 3 protocols.

Looks like they posted an reopening update for the 8th through the 14th. Looks like Cozumel and northern Q Roo is orange even though south is red. Clearly the north is where the cases are , but it is also where the people are (and the hospitals ).

[Twitter]

From the 7-June noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           2,161  ->  2,179
     Social Isolation             422  ->    427
     Hospitalized                 145  ->    149
     Recovered                  1,176  ->  1,185
     Deaths                       418  ->    418
Q Roo Tests pending               145  ->    159

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases               52  ->     52
Data from https://twitter.com/SESA_QROO/status/1269678844623163394/photo/1

I was taking it easy today, thinking that there would be no major announcements until tomorrow, but the governor surprised me and announced the semaphore status today!

The northern municipalities (think "counties") are "Orange", while the southern mucicipalities are "Red". So everything from Cancun to Tulum is Orange. Funny thing, that is where the bulk of the tourist activities are (Mahahual is probably unhappy). It's also where the bulk of the cases are (Cancun and Playa, in particuar).

So we're allowed to open at roughly 30% capacity. More information at Semáforo de Riesgo Epidemiológico COVID-19 | ¡Reactivemos Quintana Roo!.

I'm starting to see quite a bit more activity around. There were people out walking along my street well past he 6pm curfew last night. And today, there were a lot of people out, many not even pretending to bother with masks, despite the mayor's call to continue with COVID-19 mitigation efforts.

I found that the ‘mask adherence’ lasted about a week here after everyone started to go out...now it’s rarer to see them than not.

The northern municipalities (think "counties") are "Orange", while the southern mucicipalities are "Red". So everything from Cancun to Tulum is Orange. Funny thing, that is where the bulk of the tourist activities are (Mahahual is probably unhappy). It's also where the bulk of the cases are (Cancun and Playa, in particuar).
That just not seem right.

And today, there were a lot of people out, many not even pretending to bother with masks, despite the mayor's call to continue with COVID-19 mitigation efforts.
And that's worrisome. I live in a small town with few activities anyway, but I have a hunch that too many are heading towards business as usual.

From the 8-June noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           2,179  ->  2,194
     Social Isolation             427  ->    415
     Hospitalized                 149  ->    150
     Recovered                  1,185  ->  1,207
     Deaths                       418  ->    422
Q Roo Tests pending               159  ->    190

Cozumel
     Recovered                     27  ->     28
Data from https://twitter.com/SESA_QROO/status/1270039584303394824/photo/1

Cozumel city government is giving another round of "pantry" boxes. We're keeping our sealed box to give to our neighbors.

From the 9-June noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           2,194  ->  2,235
     Social Isolation             415  ->    421
     Hospitalized                 150  ->    145
     Recovered                  1,207  ->  1,242
     Deaths                       422  ->    427
Q Roo Tests pending               190  ->    219

Cozumel
     Recovered                     28  ->     28
Data from https://twitter.com/SESA_QROO/status/1270401225608085505/photo/1

The mayor has posted a "reopening" plan document at https://bit.ly/2Updg47 (Spanish). A couple of things that I found interesting are the graph of daily increases in COVID cases, and the chart of hospital bed capacity per each facility (72 hospital beds total on the island).

And that's worrisome. I live in a small town with few activities anyway, but I have a hunch that too many are heading towards business as usual.
If your worried stay home problem solved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom