Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m contemplating getting on a flight in 48 hours, but don’t want to get there and have dives cancelled due to lack of divers. The weather also looks terrible for the next 2 weeks

The weather also looks terrible for the next 2 weeks
Why do you say that? 70s to 80s with scattered thunderstorms. No cyclones in the foreseeable future. How nice.

But then, any forecast beyond a five day outlook is just quoting seasonal expectations.

I’m contemplating getting on a flight in 48 hours, but don’t want to get there and have dives cancelled due to lack of divers. The weather also looks terrible for the next 2 weeks
If weather.com says "Thunderstorms" or "Chance of Thunderstorms" you can usually ignore it. Unless there is tropical weather (depression or storm) nearby it more than likely doesn't mean a whole island all day rain. Usually it's just little popup squalls that may rain on you for a few minutes if one happens to blow over you. Sometimes in the heat of the summer they are welcome.

From the 10-June noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           2,235  ->  2,282
     Social Isolation             421  ->    391
     Hospitalized                 145  ->    136
     Recovered                  1,242  ->  1,309
     Deaths                       427  ->    446
Q Roo Tests pending               219  ->    220

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases               52  ->     54
     Recovered                     28  ->     30
     Deaths                        13  ->     13
Data from https://twitter.com/SESA_QROO/status/1270768454333878273/photo/1
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

Out to the grocery today, it's noticeably busier around the island. Most people are wearing masks, but quite a few are not.

Note about future updates: I plan to stop providing these updates around 30-June. I'm planning to repost the previous list of resources with a few updates at that time. If you're looking for a single source for official data, I suggest the SESA Twitter feed -- the link under the data box should get you to their feed. You'll get some other updates, but I don't find the number overwhelming.

I suspected that might be the case....checking for depression/storm nearby
None in the North Atlantic region other than Cristobal approaching the northernmost Great Lake. But then, it's storm season so one could develop anytime almost anywhere, which would be your clue to escape and cash in on trip insurance, but hits are rare on Cozumel.

I just couldn't make anything of your claim of the next two weeks looking bad? Current forecasts look nice to me.

None in the North Atlantic region other than Cristobal approaching the northernmost Great Lake. But then, it's storm season so one could develop anytime almost anywhere, which would be your clue to escape and cash in on trip insurance, but hits are rare on Cozumel.

I just couldn't make anything of your claim of the next two weeks looking bad? Current forecasts look nice to me.
97661E81-2C74-4930-B25A-BB5B6AA18302.png

Back
Top Bottom