Divers Needed for Interviews, Please Read!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all-

My name is Talia and I am a student at New York University studying media as it relates to the ocean. I am looking for divers to interview for my senior thesis project. Specifically, I am looking for divers to describe their experiences and the different animals/ etc. they have interacted with in the ocean.

My project is essentially going to be designing a website dedicated to raising awareness to younger generations of the importance of our ocean, by demonstrating how important it is to our ecosystem, how beautiful it is, and how it has influenced people's lives.

The project focuses on three themes of the ocean: colors and patterns, movement, and bioluminescence. if you have any experiences with these three themes as they relate to the ocean (animals, etc.) that is definitely an added bonus!!!! If not, you are still encouraged to reach out. The three animals I am focusing on to demonstrate these themes are Sea Angels, Flamingo Tongue Snails, and Sea Pens.

The interviews can be conducted over email, over the phone, or over Zoom. Whatever you feel most comfortable with! Please reach out if you are interested by responding to this post!!!! Thank you so much and I am looking forward to (hopefully) hearing from you soon.

I am interested though I'm limited on science information. I did see quite a bit of the Flamingo Tongue Snails diving in Puerto Rico...and plenty of sea pens in most of the Asia Pacific countries. I am just recreational and have about 400 dives and dove in lakes, quarries, and the ocean. I'm also dry suit trained...but not an expert. I take no offense if this isn't what you're looking for. Cheers to your Senior Thesis!

Interview away. I'm less experienced than most here, but I've met a few fishies. Mostly in the chilly but rich waters around Vancouver Island

I can tell you about diving with squid, and night diving with bioluminescence.

Hi, I have under 50 dives but have experiences with colours and patterns and bioluminescence from diving in the Caribbean. I also have experience diving in freshwater of the St Lawrence River. Unfortunately I've not had the opportunity to see any Sea Angels, Flamingo Tongue Snails, and Sea Pens.

I’m an underwater camera operator and former NYU student. Happy to help.

I would also advise reaching out to Dr Alex Mustard. He will have a lot to say on colour/contrast etc..and will say it well :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom