Gear rack collapsed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would avoid metal pipe for hanging as most would use steel, which can rust. A piece of plastic drainpipe with a broomstick inside for sturdyness is just fine

The metal conduit is designed for outdoor construction and will not rust.

and will not rust.
That made me chuckle. Murphy's law: anything that's not supposed to rust will rust.

That made me chuckle. Murphy's law: anything that's not supposed to rust will rust.

This is slightly true. I'm assuming we're talking about metallic EMT. I have a movie screen in the backyard built out of this, has been outside for ~ 9 years. I don't see any real rust, maybe some slight surface here and there, and I just had a good look because we watched a movie last night.

I've also dug up EMT on job sites before and it was rusted all to hell, so who know's, but it's pretty good solid, cheap stuff. Just my 2 cents, and is Maryland weather, maybe different outcomes elsewhere. I'm sure FL would see worse.

I'm making a hanging one soon for my newly renovated dive/ workout room I'll post pics.

I'm sure FL would see worse.
When I lived in the Keys EVERYTHING rusted. I think I even saw rubber rust down there! :D Here in NC Florida, it's not so bad.

When I lived in the Keys EVERYTHING rusted. I think I even saw rubber rust down there! :D Here in NC Florida, it's not so bad.

Let's see lots of salt in the air, high humidity and nice and hot to speed up of process. Why would things rust :;

6F3DEF6F-0EE2-46C5-A04E-DB6D01889D58.jpeg

I made one of those the other day. $20 of wood.
Works great for 1 set of gear.

Wow a lot of creative ideas. Thanks to everyone for posting pics. I have one like @Zef and it broke a while ago. Now I will upgrade.

Indefinitely appreciate the tips, suggestions, and ideas.

I was looking at going with a garment rack like @tbone1004 posted/suggested with a plan to use some spare climbing utility cord to make and hang daisy chains to clip smaller items to. Only SNAFU is that I have not found a listing thay will ship to an APO address.

Not a big worry because I am inunadated with work and school for the next few months and diving is curently not on the radar. I missed the brief coupleo of week window to dive between classes last month due to a broken finger that required hand surgery to set one of the bones in my pinky finger with pins and wires.

Just got the pin blocking the joint and the wire holding the tendon in place removed about 2.5 weeks ago....now trying to get the edema out of the finger to help with range of motion.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom