Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I often find that gloves are easy to manipulate when both your hands and the gloves are wet. Dry gloves and mildly sweaty hands is a recipe for needing to drop a lot of f-bombs.

Rolling the wrist cuffs back by a few inches often makes it easier to wiggle into the glove, because there's less material in the way.

Depending on what material your gloves are made of or lined with, wearing a pair of surgical gloves may make them easier to slip on and off. If you dive in cold water, this often provides a little extra comfort/warmth.

I too roll back the wrist cuffs, but only when diving with my "lobster claw" mitts. For my 5 fingered gloves, I find it very easy when they are bone dry (my hands aren't sweaty), and harder when putting on wet for dive #2. Can't explain why I'm backwards from the preceding post.

I hate the frustrating feeling of not being able to get a glove on, or not being able to get the 2nd one fit/positioned right.

If you are diving in temperate water then buy a slightly larger size, without the gloves being a sloppy fit.

If it is the first dive of the day, try talcum/baby powder to dust the inside of the gloves with....for subsequent dives this wont work.

Some gloves are stretchier and fit better than others, so try different brands and models until you find the fit that will work for you.

If diving cold water, consider a drysuit with a dryglove system.

-Z

You can also use Aquaphor cream from Wal Mart. It can be used as a barrier cream in colder water that makes a lot of difference. I have not used it in warm water, but don't see what it would hurt. It does make neo gloves slide on easily.

DW

So I have the hardest time getting my gloves on pre-dive any tips?
I put my gloves on before the dive, when I'm still dry. Gloves, especially the neoprene/thermoprene onces are a PITA when your hands are wet... If you have to put yours on underwater, buy yourself a pair of walmart construction or automotive gloves. They are dirt cheap and the hard rubber lasts a while.

I put my gloves on before the dive, when I'm still dry. Gloves, especially the neoprene/thermoprene onces are a PITA when your hands are wet... If you have to put yours on underwater, buy yourself a pair of walmart construction or automotive gloves. They are dirt cheap and the hard rubber lasts a while.

In place of the Neoprene gloves?

In place of the Neoprene gloves?

What works in Florida may not work in California.

You may be stuck with using neoprene gloves. Although I have dived with some hardy folks who dove in Monterey/Carmel gloveless. Couldnt be me.

Back
Top Bottom