Best wrecks in SE Florida to watch Grouper aggregations now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did for example Yongala going down the line in strong current. Max depth I recorded was 93 ft. There were 12 divers plus 2 DMs and everyone made it to the wreck. By "chances" I meant having an enjoyable dive and taking good pictures. If vis is 10 ft it's not worth it.
Visibility at the Castor and the MG-111 are not much different, either is the current. Avg visibility is probably 50-60 ft, sometimes less, sometimes, when your are lucky, more. Current is from nothing to ripping.

@tarponchik Based upon the reports I’ve seen the Wreck Trek & MG111 in Jupiter or Castor in Boynton are your best bets this season. As others have said viz is typically comparable at those sights and current is highly variable. No way of knowing one day to the next what viz & current will be. It’s that variable. You just have to give it a go & see what you get. Sometimes you win & other times you’re outa luck.

OK, my last question is, how long are the boat rides?

I went out last Friday, and did the Jupiter Wreck Trek. Saw about 30 GGs. Viz was about 70-80'. Current was a bit strong, but you could buffer yourself on the eastern side of the wrecks. Also - be sure to wear gloves so you can hold on! There are 3 wrecks in a row here, all doable on a single tank. 80' deep.

Check out my videos:

We did for example Yongala going down the line in strong current. Max depth I recorded was 93 ft. There were 12 divers plus 2 DMs and everyone made it to the wreck. By "chances" I meant having an enjoyable dive and taking good pictures. If vis is 10 ft it's not worth it.
LOL. dude. Now you are spamming your own thread, which is about SE Florida. Just sayin'.

I went out last Friday, and did the Jupiter Wreck Trek. Saw about 30 GGs. Viz was about 70-80'. Current was a bit strong, but you could buffer yourself on the eastern side of the wrecks. Also - be sure to wear gloves so you can hold on! There are 3 wrecks in a row here, all doable on a single tank. 80' deep.

Check out my videos:
Thanks! Unfortunately, the surf is picking up. They forecast 2.5-3 ft on Wednesday so still not sure if/when we go.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom