When you going Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The diving in Sydney is great - no shortage of critters . Go see Seatec and get a drysuit and jump right in. I always find something worth shooting. There's Facebook group with visibility reports for local dive sites so you have an idea what's around and what the visibility is like.

Chris, You must be young. I used to be in the water most weekends summer and winter but now as an ageing septuagenarian, the thought of long reef etc makes me shiver.
Had a look at it a few weeks ago and it's a lovely area and I used to have some decent dives in there but that was the life of yesteryear.

Hoping to go this coming Saturday if the seas are 3 foot or less.
Ana, the time I was in the Florida Keys visiting my brother the sea was like glass but I had no time to dive there. Pity would have liked to have a look.

Reactions: Ana
Many of us here use drysuits in the winter, plus I dive in cold places too.

The Persian Gulf is like soup in the summer plus with 1m visibility not my type of diving, we go to the east coast where it's cooler and slightly clearer.
Im viz - I am amazed I would have thought you'd have some decent diving there. So it's not like the Red Sea?

Hoping to go this coming Saturday if the seas are 3 foot or less.

Saturday's forecast for our coast calls for 1' seas. I went out alone yesterday, and seas were a little sloppy but not severe. However, surface current was running north at over 2 knots at my intended dive site, and about the same at my shallower alternative sites. I headed back to Haulover Inlet and didn't even have to rinse my gear.

Reactions: Ana
Saturday's forecast for our coast calls for 1' seas. I went out alone yesterday, and seas were a little sloppy but not severe. However, surface current was running north at over 2 knots at my intended dive site, and about the same at my shallower alternative sites. I headed back to Haulover Inlet and didn't even have to rinse my gear.

Yes, it looks like my husband and I will be out there tomorrow. Got busy last weekend and didn't dive, definetly looking forward to it.
So you use Haulover? Is it as difficult as the YouTube videos show?
For us the Hillsboro inlet is just 30-40 minutes so we use it exclusively.

Chris, You must be young. I used to be in the water most weekends summer and winter but now as an ageing septuagenarian, the thought of long reef etc makes me shiver.
Had a look at it a few weeks ago and it's a lovely area and I used to have some decent dives in there but that was the life of yesteryear.

Not that Young - just short of 60 and there's plenty older than me out diving. It is a bit of a haul out of some of the sites but there's a few with relatively straightforward entries like the monuments at Kurnell or even easier is Clifton Gardens.

Diving the ex HMAS Brisbane in 2 weeks , first dived it when it was first sunk 2005 I think , I was a guide for a local dive shop as they knew I served on the sister ship HMAS Perth. ex HMAS Brisbane is one of the best prepared ships to be scuttled anywhere in the world Dive Ex-HMAS Brisbane off Mooloolaba Queensland I prefer "real ship wrecks" but due to Covid 19 can't travel far. :acclaim:

So it's not like the Red Sea?

:rofl3:

The Persian Gulf is screwed off Dubai and Abu Dhabi thanks to some bright ideas about building palms etc from sand.

The reef off Jebel Ali which was home to Dugongs back in 1997 is no more and the Dugongs disappeared.

Not that Young - just short of 60 and there's plenty older than me out diving. It is a bit of a haul out of some of the sites but there's a few with relatively straightforward entries like the monuments at Kurnell or even easier is Clifton Gardens.
Chris, make the most of it. I used to dive the North Solitaries in my early 60's now in my 70's with 2 hip replacements, ankle reconstruction, Spinal laminectomy and aggressive prostate cancer behind me. My ambitions are far less but looked forward to far more.
I just want to slip down into that warm water and sit on the bottom that would do me for 10 mins or until I, or more likely the guide, see something interesting, then the camera bug bites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom