Can I test my spg without attaching it to a tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plus have an extra spool with the o-rings installed and pre-lubed in your save-a-dive kit.
I have more than one. When they go I don't even change the O-rings anymore. $3 gets you a new spool loaded with fresh O-rings, not worth the fight.

Most people carry the spg on the left side. Yours is on the right side. Thats not wrong, just unusual.

It looks fine, but i would test the setup on a tank before diving. Press the purge buttin a few times and listen for leaks.

I use these from DGX, have only used 2, ever.

upload_2020-10-30_18-55-37.png

So everything's good?

Yes. He was associating the hose routing of the SPG with the hose routing of your 2nd stages....the 2nd stages traditionally route from the 1st stage towards the right hand side of the body....in your picture the SPG hose is aligned with the 2nd stage hoses but you 2nd stage hoses are on the rotating turret past of the 1st stage....When the reg set is mounted on a tank you will rotate the turret so the 2nd stage hoses route to your right, and the SPG hose will be routed towards your left. It just didn't initially register in his mind that you have rotating turret 2nd stage, when prompted to look a 2nd time he noticed it.

All is good with your setup.

-Z

Yes. He was associating the hose routing of the SPG with the hose routing of your 2nd stages....the 2nd stages traditionally route from the 1st stage towards the right hand side of the body....in your picture the SPG hose is aligned with the 2nd stage hoses but you 2nd stage hoses are on the rotating turret past of the 1st stage....When the reg set is mounted on a tank you will rotate the turret so the 2nd stage hoses route to your right, and the SPG hose will be routed towards your left. It just didn't initially register in his mind that you have rotating turret 2nd stage, when prompted to look a 2nd time he noticed it.

All is good with your setup.

-Z
Exactly, i am not used to turret first stages :p
Everything is good. Just pressurize it and check for leaks.

Reactions: Zef
Exactly, i am not used to turret first stages :p

Funny, we all have our blind spots. I did not notice the turret or the position of the LP hoses. I did see that the HP hose was installed in the left HP port.

Back
Top Bottom