How many cylinders do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a tank orphanage! I could adopt one or two.. on humanitarian grounds.

Compressors and boosters now, very good.

Well it's 2.5 comps for me, here's the .5

full.jpg

This thing had to be chained to the wall to stop it from vibrating away
Cant believe some of these Bauers it almost took the building away
Just kept running

Well its 2.5 boosters for me, here's the .5

full.jpg

One day, "They'll be Bach."

Oh, I didn't know this included boosters and compressors. This is where it gets really carried away.
Yes, this is the basement of my house.

We have my primary compressor
upload_2021-1-15_20-27-10.png

My backup compressor
upload_2021-1-15_20-28-0.png

My spare compressor
89872092_10157247734851342_2356113758872403968_o.jpg

My electric oxygen booster
upload_2021-1-15_20-29-7.png

My gas driven boosters. Left is inert, right is oxygen, bottom is a spare oxygen.
upload_2021-1-15_20-29-53.png

And my portable pelican case booster I am putting together right now.
upload_2021-1-15_20-30-23.png

When the nearest dive shop is 2 hour drive plus a ferry ride away, you can never have too many. Although finally got a new L&W compressor so now my only excuse to have a lot is so I can spend one weekend filling tanks and then not fill again for a few weeks. Especially when low pressure steel tanks, gently used, are readily available at $80 or less. Practically just keep buying new used ones because less hassle than hydros. Yep, just another wasteful American here... but I do make nice dinner bells out of the old ones sometimes.

Oh, I didn't know this included boosters and compressors. ...

@FireMedicATL,

Is it a challenge for you to run your compressors often enough and long enough to keep them healthy? At one time I considered purchasing a small (~6 scfm) continuous duty compressor and a couple cascade cylinders. My calculations suggested I probably wouldn't be able to keep this fill station healthy (wouldn't be able to run it enough), given the amount of local recreational OC diving I do.

rx7diver

@FireMedicATL,

Is it a challenge for you to run your compressors often enough and long enough to keep them healthy? At one time I considered purchasing a small (~6 scfm) continuous duty compressor and a couple cascade cylinders. My calculations suggested I probably wouldn't be able to keep this fill station healthy (wouldn't be able to run it enough), given the amount of local recreational OC diving I do.

rx7diver

The compressor has been running blending nitrox for the last 10 hours today. Through the winter, it only gets ran about 10-12 hours per month. Through the summer, it runs 4-6 hours every day. I just posted the regular scuba tanks, there are a lot of bank bottles as well. The red spare compressor is currently for sale, I need to replace it with a large gas or diesel unit for the boat. In theory, the backup compressor would sit long enough to be a concern, but that doesn't seem to play out in real life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom