BP/W How to quickly adjust a crotch strap ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roy_W

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

In the current season we are switching quite often between our dry suits and wetsuits. depending on the depth that we have decided to do. It's only around 9° at the moment at 34m so depending on how long we are down we use the appropriate suit. But when it's 34° on the surface the dry suit quickly becomes a personal sauna..

My problem is when switching between the suits I have to adjust both the waist and crotch straps. The waist is relatively easy because of the buckle but the crotch strap is a pain.. What methods do any of you use if you are switching between suits. The straps tend to deform where the buckle lies so at least it creates a crease which helps remember the appropriate sizes...

I don't adjust the shoulders as they are not tight on the dry suit and are only a little bit large on the wet suit, which is definitely not a problem.

I have two wings, one for a mono cylinder and the other for the twinset, and no I do not want to buy another , lol ;-)

Cheers Roy

I’d get a second plate for ~50€ and call it a day.

Rather than threading the “tail” from the back side of the plate to the inside of the plate and through the butt d ring to hold it in place, route it from the inside to the outside. You could then use a paint marker or two to market where the plate contact point and the butt d ring should be in each harness.

Second thought, get one of the easy adjust waist buckles from Sump UK:

Attachments

• IMG_9522.jpeg
    IMG_9522.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 83
Hi All,

In the current season we are switching quite often between our dry suits and wetsuits. depending on the depth that we have decided to do. It's only around 9° at the moment at 34m so depending on how long we are down we use the appropriate suit. But when it's 34° on the surface the dry suit quickly becomes a personal sauna..

My problem is when switching between the suits I have to adjust both the waist and crotch straps. The waist is relatively easy because of the buckle but the crotch strap is a pain.. What methods do any of you use if you are switching between suits. The straps tend to deform where the buckle lies so at least it creates a crease which helps remember the appropriate sizes...

I don't adjust the shoulders as they are not tight on the dry suit and are only a little bit large on the wet suit, which is definitely not a problem.

I have two wings, one for a mono cylinder and the other for the twinset, and no I do not want to buy another , lol ;-)

Cheers Roy
Other than the above, you could perhaps fashion something from a sliding D-ring system, or a backplate slider. If you're not attached (no pun intended) to a one-piece crotch strap, you could fashion something with a buckle that would adjust to different lengths, but that seems a bit kludgey to me.

I’d get a second plate for ~50€ and call it a day.

Rather than threading the “tail” from the back side of the plate to the inside of the plate and through the butt d ring to hold it in place, route it from the inside to the outside. You could then use a paint marker or two to market where the plate contact point and the butt d ring should be in each harness.

Second thought, get one of the easy adjust waist buckles from Sump UK:

Those buckles actually look like a good idea, do you have a link. I can only find a Facebook page and I really don't want to create a FB account.

It also got me thing whether or not a strategic bungee/elastic might be capable of achieving ....

I use a quick release on my crotch strap at the front. This allows for easy adjustment.
Any photos or link in order than I can understand what you mean by a quick release ?

Those buckles actually look like a good idea, do you have a link. I can only find a Facebook page and I really don't want to create a FB account.

It also got me thing whether or not a strategic bungee/elastic might be capable of achieving ....
Unfortunately, Andrew operates exclusively via Facebook PM.

Halcyon has a quick adjust crotch strap on some of their systems. It makes use of a buckle and a different way to thread the strap. I think the buckle could be used on any crotch strap. I don't know your access to Halcyon gear but all you would need is the buckle below:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom