How many cylinders do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BassO

Registered
Reaction score
How many cylinders do you own? How big are they and what are they made of? And when do you decide a cylinder has outlived its usefulness?

It seems people the mainstream diving season is coming to a close here and a lot of people are selling their old scuba gear, throwing in one or more cylinders practically for free. While it's tempting to have more than one for extra dives or nitrox, I was wondering if there is some sort of common insight into how much is enough

I have 2x AL80's simply because i'd hate to run and get it filled after every single dive (most of my dives are not through a DC) so having 2 provides a bit more flexibility.

Or if i want to go with my buddy and he does not have a cylinder i can just give him the other one.

One 8/300 and one 10/300, though keeping an eye daily on the classifieds for another 10/300 or small doubles... I'm just getting started! Not seeing really the same amount of selling going on here. :/

5 x 12.2 l steel
1 x 10 l steel
1x72 cu ft steel low pressure
1 x 80 Al used for nitrox
1x40 Al

That is for two of us

2 x Steel 120*
2 X Steel 80*
3 X Al 80**
1 X Al 63**

Next purchases (when funds available and wife out of town):
Pony bottle & reg
2 x Steel 100

*Bought new.
**Given to me free by neighbor out of hydro.

6 al 80
4 al 100
1 st 95
1 st 72
1 al 27?

2xSteel HP100 (doubles)
2xAL 80
1xAL 19
will buy at least 1 AL40 in near future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom