BP/W How to quickly adjust a crotch strap ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon has a quick adjust crotch strap on some of their systems. It makes use of a buckle and a different way to thread the strap. I think the buckle could be used on any crotch strap. I don't know your access to Halcyon gear but all you would need is the buckle below:

OK that's simple and clever too :) Since there's no tension on the crotch strap this seems like a goods solution too.

If you aren't scootering, an adjustable (QR with an adjustment tab) crotch strap is a fantastic option...

If you aren't scootering, an adjustable (QR with an adjustment tab) crotch strap is a fantastic option...
Even scootering I don't find it to be a problem as the d-ring is above the buckle and the strain is taken mostly by the harness waist strap.

... What methods do any of you use if you are switching between suits. The straps tend to deform where the buckle lies so at least it creates a crease which helps remember the appropriate sizes... ...
Way back before "BP/W", when people were diving cotton harnesses, didn't divers simply use double-D-rings on their crotch straps? Easy enough to tighten and loosen--especially if you reversed the free end so that you had a quick release.

rx7diver

I scooter all the time and get dragged by my crotch... (strap) with one of those fastex buckles. It seems to hold fine. Now if you are cave diving with scooters and a life depends on the integrity of a crotch strap (for emergency tow out) I can see where people wouldn't want any plastic between them and the exit.

After a session of trying various methods, including a quick release buckle , I eventually settled on the following solution.

Normally at the rear of the crotch strap the webbing runs through a triglider , loops through the backplate and then threads back though the same triglider, its a very solid non slip solution but it also makes adjustments a PITA.

So instead of threading back through the fixed triglider I have added a secondary triglider which is relatively easy to move.. It's one of the toothed versions so it won't slip easily but it remains easy and quick to adjust.
All I have to do is move the mobile triglider to the Drysuit position to lengthen the crotch strap or to the Wetsuit position to shorten it.

The extra tail length being help in place with a wide strong elastic band ( not shown in image).

I don't see anything that could become undone, or break, or create an entanglement hazard etc with this solution but I would love to hear alternative viewpoints of anything that I may have overlooked or not taken into consideration.

Cheers

1693066707280.png

Back
Top Bottom